Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitter
3% and 5% Models
The SERIES AVUL Air Velocity Transmitter quickly and accurately measures air velocity or volumetric flow in imperial or metric units. Simultaneous current and voltage outputs on all models provide universal inputs to monitoring equipment while the output range, units, and 0 to 5/10 VDC output can be configured via local DIP switches. The optional integral display, or the portable remote display tool, provide a convenient way to locally monitor process values and configure the unit.
- VAV systems
- Building ducts
Models & Ordering
- Clean air and non-combustible, compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:
- Consult factory.
- 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 FPM (5, 10, 15, 20 m/s); field selectable.
- ±(5% of reading + 0.2 m/s) or ±(3% of reading + 0.2 m/s) @ standard conditions, depending on model.
- Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Power Requirements:
- 24 VDC ±20% or 24 VAC ±20%.
- Humidity Limits.:
- 5 to 95% RH, non-condensing.
- Output Signals:
- 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC.
- Response Time (90%):
- 10 seconds, typical.
- Zero & Span Adjustments:
- Digital push buttons.
- Output Load Resistance:
- Current output: 0 to 1100 Ω max.; Voltage output: Minimum load resistance 1 kΩ.
- Current Consumption:
- 60 mA max.
- 5 digit LCD (optional).
- Electrical Connections:
- Analog; power and output: four wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG.
- Connections: BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU/ASCII: three wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG; Supported baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, 115200. (optional)
- Device Load:
- 1/8th unit load.
- Electrical Entry:
- 1/2" NPS thread. Accessory: Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable, A-151.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Flow direction must be parallel to the sensor tip.
- 6.0 oz (160 g).
- Agency Approval:
- Sensing elements have been coated with an engineered conformal coating to ensure durability and longevity
- Field selectable ranges can be quickly configured without power to the unit
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Order|
|A-151||Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable.||Next Day||$2.50||Order|
|A-435-A||Remote display tool for the MS2 Series.||Next Day||$65.00||Order|
|SCD-PS||100 to 240 VAC/VDC to 24 VDC power supply.||Next Day||$30.00||Order|
Model ChartAVUL AIR VELOCITY TRANSMITTER
AVUL-XXX-OPT AVUL AIR VELOCITY TRANSMIITTER
1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY
3 +/- (0.2M/S + 3% OF READING) @ STD CONDITIONS
5 +/- (0.2M/S + 5% OF READING) @ STD CONDITIONS
2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) MOUNTING
D DUCT MOUNT
3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) OUTPUT
A1 ANALOG UNIVERSAL (0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20MA)
B1 ANALOG + BACNET OUTPUT
M1 ANALOG + MODBUS OUTPUT
-LCD LCD DISPLAY
-FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
-NIST NIST TRACEABLE CERTIFICATE
Product Data Sheet
- Is there a minimum duct size that this sensor can be used in?
- The sensing element is about ¾” from the tip of the stem so the duct size would need to accommodate the entire sensing element. If being used in a smaller duct, you will want to verify that the flow range is within the operating range, 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000 FPM.
- How far into the duct should I insert the sensor?
- The flow in the duct will be the most laminar at the center of the duct and therefore should be as close to the center of the duct as possible. If you are unable to insert the sensor to the center of the duct, you can set up additional averaging time/dampening to account for more turbulent flows within the programming of the sensor.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.