Series RHP Humidity/Temperature Transmitter
Passive Temperature Outputs, Sintered Filter Options
The Series RHP Temperature and Humidity Transmitter combine the voltage or current humidity transmitter output with a passive temperature thermistor or RTD output. Featuring polymer capacitance humidity sensors, models are available in 2%, 3% or 5% accuracies. Duct mounted transmitters are available with an optional two-line alpha numeric LCD display.
For models with resistive thermistors or RTD outputs, please click here for temperature to resistance lookup tables.
For duct mount installations, the sintered filter option should be ordered for applications where the humidity transmitter is mounted in the supply air duct after the fan and cooling coils.
- Air economizers
- Outdoor temperature and relative humidity reference
- Pool room humidity monitoring
Models & Ordering
- Relative Humidity Range:
- 0 to 100% RH.
- Temperature Range:
- -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C).
- Accuracy, RH:
- RHP-2XXX ±2% 10 to 90% RH @ 25°C;RHP-3XXX ±3% 20 to 80% RH @ 25°C;RHP-5XXX ±5% 20 to 80% RH @ 25°C.
- Accuracy, Thermistor Temp Sensor:
- ±0.2°C @ 25°C (±0.36°F @ 77°F).
- Accuracy, RTD Temp Sensor:
- DIN Class B; ±0.3°C @ 0°C (±0.54°F @ 32°F).
- Accuracy, Solid State Band Gap:
- ±0.9°F @ 77°F (±0.3°C @ 25°C).
- ±0.1% typical.
- Temperature Limits:
- -40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C).
- Storage Temperature:
- -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C).
- Compensated Temperature Range:
- -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
- 4 to 20 mA Loop Powered Models:
- Power requirements: 10 to 35 VDC; Output signal: 4 to 20 mA.
- 0-5/10 V Output Models:
- Power requirements: 15 to 35 VDC or 15 to 29 VAC; Output signal: 0 to 10 V @ 5 mA max.
- Solid State Band Gap Temp Sensor Output Ranges:
- Switch selectable, -20 to 140°F (-28.9 to 60°C); 0 to 100°F (-17.8 to 37.8°C); 40 to 90°F (4.4 to 32.3°C); -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
- Response Time:
- 15 s.
- Electrical Connections:
- Removable screw terminal block.
- Conduit Connection:
- Duct Mount: 1/2" NPS; OSA: 1/2" (22.3 mm).
- <1% RH/year.
- RH Sensor:
- Capacitance polymer.
- Temperature Sensor:
- >Types 1, 2, 3: Solid state band gap;
Curves A,B,C; Thermistor;
Curves D,E; Platinum RTD DIN 385. (See R-T Lookup Table).
- Duct Mount: PBT; OSA: Polycarbonate.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Duct mount: NEMA 4X (IP66) for housing only; OSA: NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Duct Mount only, optional 2-line alpha numeric, 8 characters/line.
- Display Resolution:
- RH: 0.1%; 0.1°F (0.1°C).
- Duct Mount: .616 lb (.3 kg) OSA: 1 lb (.45 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- 2%, 3%, or 5% accuracy models
- Optional LCD display on duct mount models
- Radiation shield option for outdoor installation in direct sunlight
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-452||Sintered filter, 1/4 NPSM.||1-2 Weeks||$8.00||Order|
|A-453||Filter cap, 1/4 NPSM.||1-2 Weeks||$6.00||Order|
|RHRS||6 plate solar radiation shield for sintered filter version RH transmitters.||Same Day||$41.25||Order|
|EXAMPLE||RHP||2||D||1||A||LCD||RHP-2D1A-LCD RH/Passive Temperature Sensor Transmitter, 2% accuracy, duct mount with plastic tip, 4-20 mA RH output, 10K @ 25°C thermistor (Type III), with LCD display.|
|SERIES||RHP||RH/Passive Temperature Sensor Transmitter|
|Duct Mount w/Membrane Filter
Duct Mount w/Sintered Filter (no longer available, use the M option)
40 Micron Filter HDPE
OSA (Outside Air)
OSA w/Sintered Filter
OSA w/Sintered Filter and Radiation Shield
10K @ 25°C Thermistor (Type III)
10K @ 25°C Thermistor (Type II)
3K @ 25°C Thermistor
100Ω RTD DIN 385
1KΩ RTD DIN 385
20KΩ @ 25°C Thermistor
- What purpose does the sintered filter perform on the RHP transmitter and does its use preclude adding the LCD option? Is it recommended when transmitter is located just after blower but before cooling coil?
- The sintered filter is recommended in applications where you expect to be close to the temperature limit of the RHP (near 140°F) because the sintered filter has higher temperature resistance than the standard fiber membrane filter. You can order the sintered filter version with or without an LCD screen.
- I'm looking for a dual temp. and humidity gauge for an 8" duct. I'm wanting to remote read the temp and humidity on the incoming and outgoing air to an ERV unit. The RHP-3M11-LCD was recommended to me, however, it is a direct read. What would be the correct instrument to remote read the temperature and humidity from a distance of 8 feet. The 8" duct is in the attic and I want to read the result in the down-stair hall. I don't want to record nor program the unit, just read the performance.
- The sensor recommended would be the best option we have for sensing temperature and relative humidity for your application. We do not have any options with a remote display that could stretch as far as you are asking, nor are there any on the market to my knowledge. In every case, you would need to utilize a process output, in this case 4-20 mA, to transmit the readings to a remote display(s) which would accept the process signal(s). If you are just looking for a remote readout to go with the RHP sensor with no control functionality, then you could look at one of our panel meters, possibly the SPPM, DPMA, DPMW, or DPMP & DPML series panel meters. For assistance selecting an appropriate panel meter, please contact our technical support group at 219-879-8000.
- On the RHP series temp/humidity sensors, is it possible to get a model with a 0-10 V dew-point output and a 0-10 V temperature output? I need dew point output, and would prefer the temperature output to be configured as 0-10 V rather than one of the other formats. I can custom configure a model RHP-3W44, but I wasn't 100% sure that that model would be able to put out a dew point signal. Will it in fact do that?
- I would recommend getting an RHP-3W22 instead of the RHP-3W44. This will give you just the 0-10V outputs instead of a combination 0-10V and 4-20 mA.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.