Series V10 Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch
Proof of Flow or No Flow in 1/2" to 2" Pipe, Cost Effective, Leak Proof Body, Weatherproof
The SERIES V10 Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switches is designed to provide inexpensive, reliable monitoring of the presence or absence of flow in a system. This series is available for field installation in pipelines from 1/2 to 2" diameter and available in brass or 303 SS body.
- Proving flow in boilers, hot water heaters, and chillers
- Protects pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow
- Automatically starts auxiliary pumps and engines
Models & Ordering
- Compatible gases or liquids.
- Wetted Material:
- Vane: 301 SS; Body: Brass or 303 SS; Pin and Magnet: Ceramic 8.
- Temperature Limit:
- 200°F (93°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- Brass body: 1000 psig (69 bar), 303 SS body: 2000 psig (138 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof, meets NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Switch Type:
- SPST hermetically sealed reed switch. Field adjustable for normally open or normally closed.
- Electrical Rating:
- 0.5 A @ 120 VAC; 1.5 A @ 24 VDC res.; 0.001 A @ 200 VDC res.
- Electrical Connections:
- 18 AWG, 19" (483 mm) long, PVC jacket. Rated 221°F (105°C).
- Process Connection:
- 1/2" male NPT standard. Contact factory for other options.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Switch can be installed in any position but the actuation/deactuation flow rates are based on horizontal pipe runs and are nominal values.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Vane is trimmable.
- 5.5 oz (0.16 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, CSA, UR.
- Switch Enclosure:
- Magnetically actuated switching design gives superior performance with rugged, hermetically sealed reed switch
- Simple field switch adjustment allows user to toggle between Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed (NC) with no change in the electrical connection
- Switch housing is located outside the process media, allowing simple switch changeover or maintenance without interruption of process flow
- Full size, field trimmable stainless steel vane provided with removable template calibrated for brass or ductile iron reducing tees with forged steel straight tee/bushing combinations
|EXAMPLE||V10||ST||Series V10SS-ST Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch, stainless steel housing, with stainless steel tag.|
|Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch with Brass Housing
Flotect® Mini-Size Flow Switch with 303SS Housing
|Stainless Steel Tag
BSPT Process Connection
- Can the V10 flow switch be mounted for use in a vertical up-flow application?
- Yes. The standard V10 has a spring return on the vane which allows for mounting in any position.
- What does actuation and de-actuation mean?
- Actuation means that the flow rate has reached a point where the microswitch trips or the contacts of the microswitch change state. De-actuation means that the flow rate has decreased to a point where the microswitch returns to its normal state.
- What material is used as a seal between the process fluid and the electrical portion of the switch?
- The body material; as there is no separate "seal" since the body is machined from solid stock and the switch is magnetically actuated.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.