Series IEFS Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
No Moving Parts, Hot-Tap Option, 3 to 48" (76 to 1219 mm) Field Adjustable Insertion
The SERIES IEFS Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor comes in brass or stainless steel allowing it to handle a wide range of pressures and temperatures, as well as a variety of available saddle fittings, Series SDF, to fit pipe sizes 3 to 24". The IEFS-1XX has an isolation valve which allows hot-tap installation. Additional options for this flow meter include adapter fittings and a reverse flow output. The Series IEFS is great for “dirty” water applications or any application where moving parts may be an issue.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The IEFS is a liquid flow meter that uses a magnetic field to measure flow. As conductive fluids flow through the magnetic field, a voltage is generated which is measured and translated into a pulse frequency output signal. This signal can then be used with the Series BAT to produce a 4 to 20 mA analog signal, or the Series RTI to display rate and total.
• Series BAT, Blind Analog Transmitter, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output. Unit is loop powered, fits on the enclosure of the meter, and is fields spannable.
• Series RTI2, Rate Total Indicator, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output with local flow rate and totalization display. Unit is loop powered, can fit on the enclosure of the meter, and provides a high/low flow alarm.
• Series PWD, Pulse Divider, for use with pacing electronic metering pumps. Unit divides the input frequency to any number from 1 to 9999 with the use of rotary switches to suit a number of metering pump inputs.
- Conductive Liquids
- Contaminated Liquid Flow Monitoring
- Telemetry Applications
Models & Ordering
- Compatible clean or dirty non-coating, conductive liquids.
- 0.28 to 20 ft/s (0.08 to 6.09 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Body Shaft/Fitting: 316 SS or brass;
Electrode Cap: PVDF;
Valve Assembly: (IEFS-1XX) Bronze (SS optional) with bronze ball valve;
- ±1% FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: 32 to 200°F (0 to 93°C);
Ambient: 0 to 160°F (-17 to 72°C).
- Process Connection:
- IEFS-0XX: 1-1/2" male NPT;
IEFS-1XX: 2" male NPT.
- Pressure Limit:
- 200 psi (13.8 bar).
- Current sinking, square wave pulse, opto-isolated, 550 Hz @ 20 ft/s, 30 VDC @ 6 mA max.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 25 VDC @ 250 mA; Low Power: 12 to 25 VDC @ 40 mA.
- Electrical Connection:
- Terminal block.
- =20 microSiemens/cm.
- Enclosure Material:
- Housing: Die-cast powder-coated aluminum.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- IEFS-0SX: 6 lb (2721 g);
IEFS-0LB: 12 lb (5443 g);
IEFS-1XX: 15 lb (6804 g).
- Long life cycle and less frequent maintenance with no moving parts to wear or break and electrodes that discourage fouling
- Unaffected by change in temperature, density, viscosity or concentration
- Pulse output for use with a variety of displays and controllers for remote reading
- Easy meter mount display and transmitter accessories for local indication and analog 4 to 20 mA output
|EXAMPLE||IEFS||0||S||B||BAF||Series IEFS-OSB-BAF Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor, no hot tap, 3 to 10" pipe, brass, 2" brass adapter fitting.|
|SERIES||IEFS||Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor|
No hot tap
3 to 10" pipe
10 to 48" pipe
2" Brass adapter fitting
Brass BSPT adapter
No valve assembly
Old style adapter
Reverse flow output
2" 316SS adapter fitting
SS BSPT adapter
316SS valve assembly
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.