Series MFS Magnetic Inductive Flow Sensor
No Moving Parts, Frequency and 4 to 20 mA Output, Maintenance-Free
The Series MFS Magnetic Inductive Flow Sensor is a compact, low cost alternative to paddle wheel sensors. Unlike sensors with moving parts, the MFS can be applied in applications dealing with contaminated media. This series provides a reliable measuring technique, an obstruction free pipe cross-section, as well as a quick response time, making this series ideal for interference free operation. Any change in temperature, density, viscosity, concentration or electrical conductivity of the liquid, does not affect the output signal of this Magnetic Inductive Flow Sensor. This, in addition to its long-life cycle, makes this series perfect for accurate reversible gauging of volume flow of conductive liquids in closed piping.
Principles of Operation
The measuring pipe is in a magnetic field. If an electrically conductive medium with a certain flow passes through the pipe, it passes at a right-angle to the magnetic field, creating a voltage which is proportional to the average flow velocity and picked up by two electrodes within the MFS. A frequency output signal is obtained that is proportional to the flow (analog output option available).
- Contaminated liquid flow monitoring
- Flow of conductive liquids
- Water & wastewater treatment
- Industrial systems
- Irrigation applications
Models & Ordering
- Water and other conductive liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Electrodes: 316 TI SS; Process Connections: 316 TI SS; Measuring Pipe: PEEK-GF30; Gasket: EPDM.
- ±2% of reading.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: 32 to 194°F (0 to 90°C); Ambient: 41 to 158°F (5 to 70°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 232 psi (16 bar).
- Response Time:
- < 500 ms.
- Power Requirements:
- 24 VDC ±10%.
- Frequency: Square-wave, NPN; Analog: 4 to 20 mA.
- Loop Resistance:
- 250 Ω.
- Current Consumption:
- Max 80 mA.
- Minimum Conductivity of Medium:
- 50 µS/cm.
- Flow Indication:
- LED green, flow proportional blinking.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4 (IP65).
- Process Connection:
- See model chart on catalog page.
- Electrical Connection:
- Plug connector M12x1.
- MFS-1X: 1.5 lb (0.68 kg); MFS-2X: 1.7 lb (0.77 kg); MFS-3X: 1.9 lb (0.87 kg).
- Agency Approval:
- Long life cycle with no moving parts to wear or break
- Can be applied in applications dealing with contaminated media with no mechanical component in the flow
- Obstruction free pipe cross-section yields low pressure drop
- Unaffected by change in temperature, density, viscosity or concentration
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Code||Order|
|MFS-C3||4 pin cable socket M12x1 connect, 9.8 ft (3 m)||Consult Factory||$68.50||B||Order|
|MFS-C5||4 pin cable socket M12x1 connect, 16.4 ft (5 m)||Consult Factory||$80.00||B||Order|
|MFS-C10||4 pin cable socket M12x1 connect, 32.8 ft (10 m)||Consult Factory||$127.00||B||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.