Series OP Orifice Plate Flowmeter
Stainless Steel for Use with Compatible Liquids and Gases
The Series OP Orifice Plate Flowmeter is a complete orifice plate flow metering package. It incorporates a stainless steel orifice plate with a unique holder or carrier ring containing metering taps and integral gaskets. It was designed for use wherever there is an application for a conventional flow orifice plate. It can also be used in place of other primary differential producers for efficiency and cost effectiveness. Installation is accomplished simply by slipping the unit between standard flanges (orifice flanges are not required). The Series OP is available in line sizes from 1/2" to 24" and can be used with compatible liquids and gases.
- Fluid flow rates in building water lines
- Boiler feedwater
- Cooling water
- Combustion or compressed air
- Steam flow
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids and gases.
- Wetted Material:
- 304 SS, Buna-N gaskets.
- ±0.6% full scale flow. (Beta= .2-.6) ±0.7% for Beta greater than .6.
- Temperature Limits:
- 140°F (60°C) max.
- Pressure Limits:
- 150 psi max.
- Head Loss:
- 1 - Beta ratio², eg: 1 - 07² = 1 - 0.49 = 51% of the d.p.
- Line Sizes:
- 1/2" to 24".
- Process Connections:
- 1/4" female NPT.
- Standard flange 125#/150# rating.
- Pipe Requirements:
- General requirements 10 diameter upstream and 5 diameter downstream.
- Varies with line size. See Catalog page.
- Mounted with standard flanges
- Standard "corner tap" configuration
- Corrosion free material
- Simplified installation
- Built in metering taps (1/4" female NPT STD)
- Proven through a wide range of applications for accuracy and energy efficiency
- Assures long term reliability and accuracy
- I purchased 4 OP-F-3 orifice plates. I do not find a torque value in the IOM for our flanges. What should these be torqued to? We typically buy 2", 3", and 4" orifice plates and are seeking to standardize on Dwyer. When you provide torque valves include all sizes. Our flanges are 150# RF.
- For all orifice plate installations, please follow the recommended flange torque rating based on the specific flanges used.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.