Series SX3 Ultrasonic Flowmeter Detector
Quick and Easy Mounting
Series SX3 Ultrasonic Flowmeter Detectors are paired with Series UXF2 converters and employ a clamp-on type design for permanent use based on transit time measuring method. These detectors are ideal for clean liquids containing no air bubbles such as pure water. The easy-to-use compact and lightweight design is intended for integration into mechanical devices. It is applicable for small to medium size pipes of diameter range from 1 to 23" (25 to 600 mm) and provides superior cost performance.
- Helps ensure pumping efficiency.
- Provides accurate leak detection.
- Not influenced by fluid's temperature or pressure.
Models & Ordering
- Clean liquids that pass ultrasound and do not contain air bubbles (such as pure water and chemical solution).
- 10000 deg (mg/L) or less.
- Type of Flow:
- Well-developed turbulent or laminar flow in a fluid-filled pipe.
- Permissible Air Volume Rate:
- Up to 2% at 1 m/s (inversely proportional to velocity).
- 0 to ±32.8 fps (0 to ±10 m/s).
- Flow Pipe Sizes:
- SX3A: 0.98 to 3.94 in (25 to 100 mm) for plastic piping 1.97 to 3.94 in (50 to 100 mm) for metal piping; SX3B: 1.97 to 8.86 in (50 to 225 mm); SX3C: 1.97 to 11.81 in (50 to 300 mm); SX3D: 11.81 to 23.62 in (300 to 600 mm).
- 1.5 to 2% of rate.
- Response Time:
- System cycle: 0.2s, Dead time: 0.2s or less, Time constant: 0.1s.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C). Fluid Temperature: SX3A/SX3B: -4 to 212°F (-20 to 100°C); SX3C/SX3D w/ silicone rubber for acoustic couplant: -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C), w/ silicone free grease for acoustic couplant: 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C).
- Enclosure Rating:
- SX3A and SX3B: IP65 (Jetproof) when using waterproof BNC connector. SX3C and SX3D: IP67 (Immersion-proof) when the terminal block is filled with silicone rubber after wiring.
- For SX3A and SX3B: Plastic PBT for sensor housing, 304SS for guide frame. For SX3C and SX3D: Plastic PBT for sensor housing, 304SS for sensor cover, 304SS and PBT for guide rail.
- Electrical Connection:
- Coaxial cable up to 98.4 ft (30 m) and thermal stability of 212°F (100°C).
- Clamped on pipe surface.
- SX3A: 10.6 oz (0.3 kg), SX3B: 14.1 oz (0.4 kg), SX3C: 2.2 lb (1 kg), SX3D: 14.1 oz (0.4 kg).
- Helps ensure pumping efficiency
- Provides accurate leak detection
- Not influenced by fluid’s temperature or pressure
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Code||Order|
|A-186||Silicone-based grease acoustic couplant, 3 oz tube.||Same Day||$13.00||B||Order|
|A-188||Silicone-free acoustic couplant, 4 oz tube.||Same Day||$63.50||B||Order|
|SX3C-1A||Heat resistant cable with waterproof BNC connector for SX3-A and SX3-B, 16.4 ft (5 m).||Consult Factory||$212.00||B||Order|
|SX3C-2A||Heat resistant cable for SX3-C and SX3-D, 16.4 ft (5 m).||Consult Factory||$212.00||B||Order|
|SX3C-2B||Heat resistant cable for SX3-C and SX3-D, 32.8 ft (10 m).||$262.00||B||Order|
|A-197||Silicone based RTV acoustic couplant, 2.8 oz.||Same Day||$4.75||B||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.