Series VA Variable Area Glass Flowmeters
65 mm and 150 mm, ±2% FS Accuracy, Interchangeable Flowtubes, PTFE Options, Universal mm Scale
The SERIES VA Variable Area Glass Flowmeters are designed with easy to read universal mm scale and supplied with correlation charts containing calibration data for air and water.
Glass flowmeters are suitable for metering carrier gases, liquid and gas measurement in pilot plants, laboratories, process flow and level indicating. Units are equipped with a standard 6-turn needle valve for flow rate control. High precision metering valves with non-rising stems (sold separately) are available for high sensitivity control and resolution - particularly suited for very low flow rates.
Flowmeters are shipped completely assembled and ready for panel mounting. Use an optional acrylic tripod base to convert to self-standing bench mounting.
Note: Calibration data is provided in each unit and is unique to each scale. If you require a calibration certificate for your flowmeter, please contact customer service to place your order.
- Gas or liquid metering
- Chemical processing
- Semiconductor systems
- Water and air pollution analysis systems
- Laboratory systems
Models & Ordering
- Compatible gases or liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Flowtube: Borosilicate glass; Floats: Glass or SS (sapphire, Carboloy and tantalum are optional); Float stops: PTFE; End fittings: Anodized aluminum, 316 SS, brass or PTFE; Packings: Fluoroelastomer, none on VAX5XX models; O-rings: Buna-N on aluminum models and brass models, fluoroelastomer on SS models, PTFE on VAX5XX models.
- Temperature Limits:
- 250°F (121°C); VAX5XX: -15 to 150°F (-26 to 65°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 200 psig (13.8 bar); VAX5XX: 100 psig (6.7 bar).
- ±2% FS @ 70°F (21.1°C) and 14.7 psia (1 atm absolute); VA1043, VA1243, VA1343, VA25425, VA25025: ±5% FS @ 70°F (21.1°C) and 14.7 psia (1 @ absolute).
- ±0.25% FS.
- Universal 65 mm or 150 mm with correlation charts.
- Turn-Down Ratio:
- Two 1/8" female NPT.
- 6-turn needle (standard), optional 16-turn high precision valve.
- Valve Orifice:
- Acetal on aluminum models and brass models, PCTFE on stainless steel models; PTFE on VAX5XX models.
- Permanently fused ceramic scale with vertical locator line reduces parallax and eye fatigue saving time
- Long operating life with thick polycarbonate front shield that protects tube from breakage and serves as a magnifying lens to enhance reading resolution
- Standard 6-turn needle valve for flow rate control eliminating the need for a separate valve reducing cost
- No additional installation required with optional acrylic tripod base which allows for self-standing bench mounting
- High precision metering valves with non-rising stems are available for high sensitivity control and resolution for very low flow rate
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Code||Order|
|VA7||Acrylic tripod for single meter.||3-4 Weeks||$58.50||N||Order|
|VA81||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 0-200 mL/min air (0-6 mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
|VA82||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 201-400 mL/min air (7-12 mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
|VA83||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 401-1000 mL/min air (13-26 mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
|VA84||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 1001-2500 mL/min air (27-80 mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
|VA85||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 2501-6200 mL/min air (81-200 mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
|VA86||High precision valve, 16-turn, flow rate 6201 and above mL/min air (201 and above mL/min water).||3-4 Weeks||$141.00||N||Order|
- We have several VA Flowmeters. We are flowing Helium through them and need to know what the flow rate is for the actual helium based on the conversion rates to Air. Do we multiply or divide by 2.69?
- Yes, you will need to multiply your reading by 2.69.
- I am looking to use an "Air" flowmeter RMA-6-SSV to monitor CO2 flow. I am wondering if there are are any concerns or correction factors I need to apply.
- A specific gravity correction factor will need to be considered when monitoring other gases with a meter calibrated for air. The correction factor equation is as follows:
Q2=Q1 x sqrt (1/S.G.)
Where: Q1= Observed Flowmeter reading
Q2= Standard Flow Corrected for Specific Gravity
1= Specific Gravity of Air or Water
S.G.= Specific Gravity of media being used in flowmeter originally calibrated for air or water.
This equation can be found in the beginning of the Flow section in the catalog. Alternatively, special ranges and scales can be provided; for specific information please contact our customer service department.
For further information, see our "Tech & Specs" Video Blog: Fix your Flow... Specific Gravity and Pressure Corrections for Variable Area Flowmeters (Episode 4), in Dwyer's Video Library.
- We use 4 different VA flow controls, we have VA12418 (M) and VA12420 (H). We also have the same size but marked (L). What are the correct part numbers for the "L" and what does it mean?
- The letters on the knobs of the VA Series tell us what type of valve is on the flow meter. There are many different types of valves and they are sized based on what the maximum flow rate would be (ex. Valve M has a different maximum flow than Valve H). It really doesn’t tell us anything about the part number of the flow meter. This part number should be on the meter itself or on the correlation data sheet that came with it.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.