Series VFC & VFCII Visi-Float® Acrylic Flowmeter
Used to Indicate Air or Water Flow, End Connections
The Series VFC Visi-Float® Flowmeter is a direct reading, precision machined, clear acrylic body flowmeter suitable for both gas and liquid applications. This Series consists of two 5" (127 mm) scale flowmeters, the VFC and VFC II. The VFC features PVC 1" female NPT connections and the VFC II units are equipped with acetal thermoplastic 1" male NPT fittings.
For Fast and Accurate Calibration Services, CLICK HERE!
- Medical equipment
- Laboratory equipment
- Air samplers
- Gas analyzers
- Pollution monitors
- Chemical injectors
- Cabinet purging
- Osmosis skids
Models & Ordering
- Compatible gases and liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body: Acrylic plastic; O-ring: Buna-N (fluoroelastomer available); Metal parts: SS; Float: SS.
- Temperature & Pressure Limits:
- 100 psig (6.9 bar) @ 120°F (48°C);
- 2% of FS.
- Process Connection:
- VFC: 1" female NPT back connections. End connections optional. VFCII: 1" male NPT back connections. End connections optional.
- Scale Length:
- 5" typical length.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Mount in vertical position.
- 24 to 25 oz (.68 to .71 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- Meets the technical requirements of EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS II).
- Bodies are cut and precision machined from solid, clear acrylic blocks allowing for complete visual inspection
- White background allows for better visibility of the float increasing reading accuracy
- Direct reading scales are hot stamped into the plastic eliminating the need for troublesome conversions and increasing product operating life
- Precision machined tapered bore enables high repeatability
- Low installation costs with back or end connection options
- -EC End Connections.
- -VIT Fluoroelastomer O-rings.
- -FDA 316SS Float & Guide Rod (only available on VFCII with Fluoroelastomer O-rings).
|EXAMPLE||VFC||121||AT||Series VFC-121-AT Visi-Float® Flowmeter, female fittings, range 2.5-25 SCFM air, with aluminum tag.|
|Visi-Float® Flowmeter, Female Fittings
Visi-Float® Flowmeter, Male Fittings
|4-25 SCFM Air
5-50 SCFM Air
10-100 SCFM Air
100-700 LPM Air
200-1400 LPM Air
300-2800 LPM Air
.5-5 GPM Water
1-10 GPM Water
2-20 GPM Water
2-20 LPM Water
4-40 LPM Water
10-75 LPM Water
BSPT Process Connection
316SS Wetted Parts (VFCII only)
NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
- How are Dwyer flowmeters properly read?
- The flow rate is read at the maximum width portion of the float regardless of shape.
- I am looking to use an "Air" flowmeter RMA-6-SSV to monitor CO2 flow. I am wondering if there are are any concerns or correction factors I need to apply.
- A specific gravity correction factor will need to be considered when monitoring other gases with a meter calibrated for air. The correction factor equation is as follows:
Q2=Q1 x sqrt (1/S.G.)
Where: Q1= Observed Flowmeter reading
Q2= Standard Flow Corrected for Specific Gravity
1= Specific Gravity of Air or Water
S.G.= Specific Gravity of media being used in flowmeter originally calibrated for air or water.
This equation can be found in the beginning of the Flow section in the catalog. Alternatively, special ranges and scales can be provided; for specific information please contact our customer service department.
For further information, see our "Tech & Specs" Video Blog: Fix your Flow... Specific Gravity and Pressure Corrections for Variable Area Flowmeters (Episode 4), in Dwyer's Video Library.
- Is a Dwyer Certificate of Conformance offered with any of the flowmeter models?
- A standard Dwyer Certificate of Conformance can be offered with all Dwyer Mini-Master®, Rate-Master®, and Visi-Float® flowmeters on all water ranges (or other compatible liquids).
- Are special ranges available for the Rate-Master® and/or Visi-Float® Flowmeter?
- Yes, other ranges are available which are not specified in our catalog. Please feel free to contact Dwyer with questions on these ranges.
- Is the Rate-Master® or Visi-Float® Flowmeter compatible with any media?
- The Rate-Master® Flowmeter is manufactured from a polycarbonate plastic and the Visi-Float® Flowmeter is manufactured from acrylic. Compatibility charts need to be reviewed to determine if these materials of construction are compatible with your media.
- What factor is used to correct for different flowmeter inlet pressure?
- If the flowmeter is exhausting to atmosphere, no correction factor is needed. If back-pressure is present due to downstream plumbing or restrictions, this error can be corrected utilizing the conversion curves in our full-line catalog or the following equation.
Pressure: Q2 = Q1 x √((P1 x T2)/(P2 x T1))
Q1 = Observed Flowmeter Reading
Q2 = Standard Flow Corrected for Specific Gravity
P1 = Actual Pressure (14.7 psia + Gage Pressure)
P2 = Standard Pressure (14.7 psia, which is 0 psig)
T1 = Actual Temperature (460 R + Temp °F)
T2 = Standard Temperature (530 R, which is 70°F)
- Which flowmeters are available with NIST traceability?
- All Dwyer Mini-Master®, Rate-Master®, and Visi-Float® flowmeters are available with NIST traceability on all air ranges except for RMA-1, RMA-11, RMA-150, RMA-151, VFA-1, VFA-21 and VFB-60 models.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.