Series H3 Explosion-Proof Differential Pressure Switches
Setpoints from 10" w.c. to 200 psid – Rated 1500 psig, Weatherproof
Explosion-proof Series H3 Explosion-Proof Differential Pressure Switch, heavy duty, industrial unit has a unique new design which provides sensitivity to differential pressures as low as 10 inches of water (254 mm w.c.), yet handles total pressure of 1500 psi (103 bar). Unlike common differential pressure switches that use a piston-type motion transfer, the Series H3 utilizes a rotary motion transfer shaft that prevents a change in total pressure from causing a setpoint shift. Unit yields deadbands approximately 5% of range, with zero setpoint shift due to variation in working pressures. Friction is minimized and repeatability increased by allowing range spring to act directly on diaphragm plate. Rolling diaphragm design maintains constant effective area to further reduce friction. Diaphragm is allowed to “seat”, allowing application of full rated pressure, up to 1500 psi (103 bar), on either high or low pressure port, without damage. Special over-travel feature prevents overtightening of range adjust screw. Choose optional 316SS chamber for water and water-based fluids or harsher applications.
- Water flow proving with an orifice plate.
- Differential pressure across chiller.
- Liquid filter status.
- Perfect for monitoring differential water pressure on filters, chiller coils, and flow elements.
Models & Ordering
- Wetted Materials:
- See Ordering page.
- Temperature Limit:
- -4 to 220°F (-20 to 104°C). ATEX: -4 to 194°F (-20 to 90°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 1500 psig (103 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Standard meets NEMA 4X (IP56); Drain option meets NEMA 3 (IP54). For hazardous use see "Hazardous Location Ratings Chart" on Catalog page.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT or DPDT snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 125/250 VAC, 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- See Ordering page.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- 1/8" female NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Internal screw.
- 4 lb 2 oz (2 kg).
- Approximately 5% of range.
- Agency Approvals:
- ATEX (see "Ratings Chart" on catalog page), CE, CSA, UL.
- Rotary motion design prevents set point shifts
- Explosion-proof housing for use in applications where protection of process and personnel is needed
- Option for use with water and water-based solution makes this a versatile switch
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-610||Pipe mounting kit for 1-1/4" to 2" pipe. 5.6" x 4.6" x 1.4", 1.0 .lb||Next Day||$26.50||Order|
|EXAMPLE||H3||A||1||S||C||MV||Series H3A-1SC-MV Explosion-proof, Weatherproof Differential Pressure Switch, aluminum chamber, nitrile diaphragm, range 10-180" w.c., SPDT snap switch, terminal block, ATEX approved, with gold contacts on snap switch.|
|SERIES||H3||Explosion-proof, Weatherproof Differential Pressure Switch|
|Aluminum Chamber and Nitrile Diaphragm
Stainless Steel Chamber and Fluoroelastomer Diaphragm
|10-180" w.c. (2.48-44.78 kPa)
0.5-15 psid (0.03-1 bar)
5-70 psid (0.34-4.8 bar)
10-200 psid (0.7-13.8 bar)
|SPDT Snap Switch, Rated 5 A @ 120/250 VAC, 30 VDC
DPDT Snap Switch, Rated 5 A @ 120/250 VAC, 30 VDC
|ATEX Approved Internal Terminal Block
18 AWG x 18" Lead Wires
UL/CSA Approved Internal Terminal Block
|Housing with Drain, allows condensate to be drained, (NEMA 3 instead of 4X)
Gold Contacts on Snap Switch for Dry Circuits
Stainless Steel Tag
Fluoroelastomer Diaphragm (standard with stainless steel chamber)
- For which pressure switch applications are gold contacts recommended?
- For "dry circuit" applications where little or no current is flowing in the circuit to help burn off contact dirt and oxidation. Switches used with solid state circuits often fall in this category.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.