Series L6 FLOTECT® Liquid Level Switch
Easy In-wall or External Installation, Up to 2000 psig (138 bar), Compact Size
Surprisingly compact, the SERIES L6 Flotect® Level Switch is designed and built for years of trouble-free service in a
wide variety of process liquid level applications. Operation is simple and dependable with no mechanical linkage as the level switch is magnetically actuated. The
float lever pivoted within the body moves when the process liquid displaces the float. A magnet on the opposite end of the float lever controls a second magnet on the switch
actuating lever located in the switch housing.
- Direct pump control for maintaining level
- Automatic tank dump operations
- Level control
- Valve control
- Level alarm in sumps, scrubber systems, hydro-pneumatic tanks, boilers, and water/ wastewater treatment processes
Models & Ordering
- Liquids compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:
- Float: Solid polypropylene or 304 SS; Lower Body: Brass or 303 SS; Magnet: Ceramic; External Float Chamber (Tee): Matches lower body choice of brass or 303 SS; Other: Lever Arm, Spring, Pin, etc.: 301 SS.
- Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C) standard, MT high temperature option 400°F (205°C) (MT not UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx and KC). ATEX compliant AT, IECEx IEC and KC option ambient temperature -4 to 167°F (-20 to 75°C) process temperature: -4 to 220°F (-20 to 105°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- See model chart on Catalog Page.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof and Explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups A, B, C and D; Class II, Groups E, F, and G. (Group A on SS body models only.) ATEX CE 0344 EX II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 Process Temp ≤ 75°C. EC-Type Certificate No: KEMA 04ATEX2128. ATEX Standards: EN 60079-0: 2009; EN60079-1: 2007. IECEx Certified: For Ex d IIC T6 Gb Process Temp = 75°C. IECEx Certificate of Conformity: IECEx DEK II.0039. IECEx Standards: IEC 60079-00: 2007; IEC 60079-1: 2007. Korean Certified (KC) for Ex d IIC T6 Gb Process Temp=75°C. KTL Certificate Number: 2012-2454-75.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch standard, DPDT snap switch optional.
- Electrical Rating:
- UL models 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~). CSA, ATEX, and IECEx models: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~); 5 A res., 3 A ind. @ 30 VDC (V~). MV option: .1 A @ 125 VAC (V~). MT option: 5 A @ 125/250 VAC (V~). [MT option not UL, CSA, ATEX, or IECEx].
- Electrical Connections:
- UL models: 18 AWG, 18" (457.20 mm) long. ATEX/CSA/IECEx models: terminal block.
- Upper Body:
- Brass or 303 SS.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" (19.05 mm) male NPT standard, 3/4" (19.05) female NPT or M25 with BSPT option on junction box models.
- Process Connection:
- 1" (25.40 mm) male NPT or 1" (25.40 mm) male BSPT on models without external float chamber, 1" (25.40 mm) female NPT or 1" (25.40 mm) female BSPT on models with external float chamber.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Horizontal with index arrow pointing down.
- Specific Gravity:
- See chart on Catalog page.
- Approximately 1 lb (.5 kg) without external float chamber, 1.75 lb (.8 kg) with external float chamber.
- Agency Approvals:
- ATEX, CE, CSA, IECEx, KTL, UL.
- Leak proof lower body machined from bar stock
- Choice of models for direct side wall mounting or mounted in a tee to act as an external float chamber
- Weatherproof and explosion-proof body for demanding outdoor applications
- Float lever pivoted within the body moves when the process liquid displaces the float and magnet on the opposite end of the float lever controls a second magnet on the switch actuating lever located in the switch housing
- Electrical assembly can be easily replaced without removing the unit from the installation so that the process does not have to be shut down
- Sensitive to level changes of less than 1/2" (12 mm)
- Compact design is built for years of trouble-free service
- Simple and dependable operation with no mechanical linkage
- -MV Gold Plated Contact option for dry circuits.
- -MT High Temperature option rated 400°F (205°C). (No listings or approvals, only available on models with stainless steel floats.)
- -CSA CSA and UL approved construction, includes weatherproof and explosionpproof junction box.
- -AT ATEX approved construction, includes weatherproof and explosion-proof junction box.
- "D" DPDT Contacts, change seventh character in model number to "D".
- "S" 303 Stainless Steel Upper Body, change fifth character in model number to "S".
|EXAMPLE||L6||EP||BB||D||3||O||CSA||B0HB||Series L6EPB-B-D-3-O-CSA-B0HB Flotect® Liquid Level Switch, brass body, DPDT, spherical polypropylene float, side wall mount, CSA approval, with 1-1/2" hex type brass bushing.|
|SERIES||L6||Flotect® Liquid Level Switch|
|FLOAT TYPE &
|Spherical Polypropylene, Side Wall Mount
Cylindrical 304SS, Side Wall Mount
Spherical Polypropylene, Brass External Float Chamber
Spherical 304SS, Side Wall Mount
Spherical 304SS, Brass External Float Chamber
Spherical 304SS, 304SS External Float Chamber
Spherical Polypropylene, 304SS External Float Chamber
Stainless Steel Tag
Terminal Block Connector
Top Mounted Float
TEES & BUSHINGS
|1-1/2" Hex Type Brass Bushing
1-1/2" Hex Type 304SS Bushing
2" Hex Type Brass Bushing
2" Hex Type 304SS Bushing
1-1/2" BSPT Hex Brass
1-1/2" BSPT Hex 304 SST
2" BSPT Hex Brass
2" BSPT Hex 304 SST
2" Brass 250# Tee & Bushing
2" 316SS Tee & Bushing
2" BSPT Brass 250# Tee & Bushing
2" BSPT 316 SST Tee & Bushing
Product Data Sheet
- Why is the minimum specific gravity important on the float level switches?
- If a medium has a lower s.g. than the rated minimum for a float, the float will sink through the media and the switch will not operate.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.