Series L8 FLOTECT® Liquid Level Switch
Low Cost, Leak Proof Body, Excellent Chemical Resistance
The SERIES L8 Flotect® Liquid Level Switch features a leak proof body and float constructed from tough, durable polyphenylene sulfide which has excellent chemical resistance. Because the liquid level snap switch is magnetically actuated, there is no direct mechanical linkage to leak or fail, assuring longer life and decreased maintenance costs. This inexpensive unit is ideal for liquid level alarm, indication or control. Installation is quick and easy - simply install in a horizontal position with the index arrow pointing down.
The L8 Flotect® Liquid Level Control is UL recognized as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment. This lightweight switch can be used in numerous chemical processes, industrial systems and similar applications where process conditions are compatible with polyphenylene sulfide, Ceramic 8 and 316 stainless steel. This liquid level switch provides accurate setpoint control of liquids with specific gravities as low as 0.6. This compact and reliable control is designed to handle temperatures up to 212°F (100°C) and pressures to 150 psig (10 bar).
- Environmental control
- Waste water
- Scrubber systems
- Holding tanks
- Cooling towers
- Chemical/petroleum processing
- Plating and washing tanks
- Sewage treatment
- Car washes
- Remediation systems
- Thermal storage systems
- HVAC and building automation systems
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Float and Body: Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS); Pin and spring: 316 SS or Inconel® Alloy; Magnet: Ceramic 8.
- Temperature Limit:
- 212°F (100°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 150 psig (10.34 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- General purpose. WP/WP2 options are weatherproof.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch. MV option is a SPDT gold contact snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 125/250 VAC, 5 A resistive, 3 A inductive @ 30 VDC. MV option: 1 A @ 125 VAC, 1 A resistive, 0.5 A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- 18 AWG, 18" (460 mm) long.
- Conduit Connection:
- 1/2" male NPT, 1/2" female NPT on WP and WP2.
- Process Connection:
- 1" male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Horizontal with index arrow pointing down.
- Specific Gravity:
- 0.6 minimum.
- 5 oz (0.142 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, cURus.
- Features a leak proof body and float constructed from tough, durable polyphenylene sulfide which has excellent chemical resistance
- Liquid level snap switch is magnetically actuated with no direct mechanical linkage to leak or fail, assuring longer life and decreased maintenance costs
- Quick and easy installation with simple placement of the unit in a horizontal position with the index arrow pointing down
- UL recognized as an industrial motor controller per UL standard 508, suitable for mounting in a protected environment
- -MV Gold Plated Contacts for dry circuits. Rated 1A @ 125 VAC; 1A resistive, 0.5A inductive @ 30 VDC.
- -INC Inconel® Alloy replaces standard 316SS wetted parts. Wetted parts are Inconel® Alloy, ceramic 8, and Polyphenylene Sulfide.
- -WP Weatherproof Enclosure (not UL approved). Optional housing is phenylpolioxide and provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring.
- -WP2 Weatherproof Enclosure (not UL approved). Optional housing is aluminum and provides weatherproof protection for electrical wiring.
|EXAMPLE||L8||INC||Series L8-INC Flotect® Liquid Level Switch, with Inconel® wetted parts.|
|SERIES||L8||Flotect® Liquid Level Switch|
|Body Assembly with Inconel® Wetted Parts
Stainless Steel Tag
Weatherproof Conduit Box
Metal Weatherproof Conduit Box
- Why is the minimum specific gravity important on the float level switches?
- If a medium has a lower s.g. than the rated minimum for a float, the float will sink through the media and the switch will not operate.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.