Series LTS Tilt Switch Probe
The Series LTS Tilt Switch probes are able to sense either the presence or absence of material when other sensors won't work due to bin vibration, or actual walls aren't available for mounting other types of measuring units. The probes are designed for use where the bulk material to be sensed is exposed or open. Typical applications include high or low level detection in large hoppers, silos, crushers, or trippers, high level control under stackers, and detection of plugged conditions at conveyor transfer points. Series LTS probes can also be used to detect the presence or absence of bulk material on belt conveyors, on chutes to indicate product flow, and to aid in loading rail cars or trucks.
All probe models are airtight, dust tight, and waterproof. The compact probe should be used for applications involving small bins and hoppers where space is limited, while the heavy duty probe should be used for applications where a heavy duty abrasion-resistant probe is necessary.
- Large hoppers
Models & Ordering
- Powder and bulk.
- Temperature Limit:
- -4 to 104°F (-20 to 40°C).
- Switch Type:
- SPST, normally closed.
- Electrical Rating:
- < 50 mA @ 12 VDC as supplied by Series LTC controller.
- Electrical Connection:
- 3-wire +12 VDC (supplied by controller).
- Cable Length:
- 25' (7.6 m) unless otherwise specified.
- Probe Length:
- Standard: 9" (23 cm); Compact: 6" (15 cm).
- Contact Rating:
- When not used with LTC controller: 60 V max., 0.25 A max.
- Actuation Angle:
- 25° from vertical.
- Steel or 302/304 SS.
- Switch Surrounding:
- Epoxy encapsulated.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Fittings for hangers.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Meets NEMA 4 (IP56).
- Standard: 4.75 lbs (2.15 kg); Compact: 2.5 lbs (1.13 kg).
- All probe models are airtight, dust tight, and waterproof
- Compact probe should be used for applications where space is limited and standard, heavy duty probe should be used for applications where an abrasion resistant probe is necessary
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.