Series PBLT2 & PBLTX Submersible Level Transmitter
Perfect for Sludge and Slurries, Lightning Protected, Intrinsically Safe
PBLT2 and PBLTX Submersible Level Transmitters are manufactured for years of trouble free service in the harshest applications. Both measure the height of liquid above the position in the tank referenced to atmospheric pressure. The transmitter consists of a piezoresistive sensing element, encased in a 316 SS housing. Perfect for wastewater and slurry applications with features to protect the unit from these demanding applications. Large diameter 316 SS diaphragm seal is non-clogging and damage resistant to floating solids.
The PBLT2 incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty). The PBLTX is UL approved intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier.
Units come equipped with a 270-pound tensile strength shielded and vented cable. Ventilation tube in the cable automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure above the tank. The vent is protected with a maintenance free filter eliminating particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer.
DID YOU KNOW that you can add YOUR logo to our PBLT2/PBLTX Transmitter, call customer service for details.
- Sludge pits, clarifiers, digesters
- Alum tanks
- Chemical storage tanks
- Oil tanks
- Lime slurry
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body: 316 SS, 316L SS; Cable: Polyether polyurethane or ETFE; Seals: Fluoroelastomer.
- ±0.25% FS (includes linearity, hysteresis, and repeatability).
- Temperature Limit:
- PBLT2: 0 to 200°F (-18 to 93°C); PBLTX: ETFE -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C); Polyurethane: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)
- Compensated Temperature Range:
- PBLT2: 0 to 180°F (-18 to 82°C), PBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C).
- Thermal Effect:
- ±0.02% FS/°F.
- Pressure Limit:
- 2X FS.
- Power Requirement:
- PBLT2: 13 to 30 VDC, PBLTX: 10 to 28 VDC.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA DC, two wire.
- Response Time:
- 50 msec.
- Loop Resistance:
- 900 Ω.
- Electrical Connection:
- Wire pigtail.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Suspended in tank below level being measured.
- Electrical Protection:
- PBLT2: Lightning and surge protection, PBLTX: none.
- 4.3 lb (2.0 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- PBLT2: CE, PBLTX: CE, cULus intrinsically safe for Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III, Div. 1. (According to control drawing 001833-44)*
- *Up to 196 ft (59.5 m) for ETFE cable; Up to 333 ft (101.5 m) for polyurethane cable.
- Durable cage design with large diameter 316 SS diaphragm seal that is non-clogging and damage resistant to floating solids
- Incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty) on PBLT2 models
- Maintenance free filter eliminates particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer
- UL approved intrinsically safe on PBLTX models for use in hazardous locations when used with the proper barrier
- 270 lb (122.5 kg) tensile strength shielded and vented cable
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- NPT connection allows the unit to be rigidly installed in a pipe/conduit, or the addition of a A-625 hanging loop for attaching a chain for pulling out of the installation
- -Intrinsically Safe Approval - Change model number from PBLT2 to PBLTX.
- -Custom Ranges or Cable Lengths.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|MTL7706||Intrinsically safe zener barrier.||Same Day||$453.00||Order|
|A-297||Dessicant Vent Filter for submersible level transmitters||Same Day||$20.00||Order|
|A-625||Lift Loop/Hanger for submersible level transmitters||Same Day||$26.00||Order|
|MTL5541||Galvanic barrier||Same Day||$839.00||Order|
PBLT2-XX-XX-OPT PBLT2 SUBMERSIBLE LEVEL TRANSMITTER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) SENSOR (DECIMALS ALLOWED) ? SENSOR RANGE 5-145 PSI OR 3.5-100 METERS 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) SENSOR UNITS SENSOR RANGE IN PSI IF BLANK M SENSOR RANGE IN METERS 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) CABLE LENGTH ? 10-2000 FT OR 3-600 METERS 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) CABLE UNITS (WHOLE NUMBERS ONLY) CABLE LENGTH IN FEET IF BLANK M CABLE LENGTH IN METERS OPTIONS (OPT) KITS -PU POLYURETHANE CABLES (STD IS ETFE) -2YR 2 YEAR WARRANTY -LSP LIGHTNING SURGE PROTECTION GUARANTEE 2YR
PBLTX-XX-XX-OPT PBLTX SUBMERSIBLE LEVEL TRANSMITTER (INTRINSICALLY SAFE APPROVAL) 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) SENSOR (DECIMALS ALLOWED) ? SENSOR RANGE 5-145 PSI OR 3.5-100 METERS 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) SENSOR UNITS SENSOR RANGE IN PSI IF BLANK M SENSOR RANGE IN METERS 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) CABLE LENGTH ? 10-195 FT ETFE OR 10-330 FT PU 3-59 METERS ETFE OR 3-100 METERS PU 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) CABLE UNITS (WHOLE NUMBERS ONLY) CABLE LENGTH IN FEET IF BLANK M CABLE LENGTH IN METERS OPTIONS (OPT) KITS -PU POLYURETHANE CABLE (STD IS ETFE) -2YR 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- Is it safe to soak an MBLT level transmitter in vinegar or muratic acid to remove accumulated scale deposits?
- Feel free to use whatever cleaning chemicals you like to remove accumulated scale deposits as long as the chemicals are compatible with the unit’s wetted materials as specified in our published literature.
- Our client has an MBLT pressure transmitter that appears to be malfunctioning due to scale buildup. The transmitter is installed to measure leachate level in a one-year old municipal sanitary landfill. What can we use to remove scale from the transmitter without damaging the transmitter?
- If the issue is due to build-up which consequently plugs the small sensing holes, you might take a look at our PBLT2 or FBLT series. They are both more rugged and designed for sludge and slurries, whereas the MBLT and SBLT2 are better suited for cleaner applications such as ground water and wells.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.