Series SBLT2 & SBLTX Submersible Level Transmitter
Perfect for Ground Water and Wells, Lightning Protected or Intrinsically Safe
SBLT2 and SBLTX Submersible Level Transmitters are manufactured for years of trouble free service in the harshest applications. Both measure the height of liquid above the position in the tank referenced to atmospheric pressure. The transmitter consists of a piezoresistive sensing element, encased in a 316 SS housing. Bullet nose design protects the diaphragm from damage.
The SBLT2 incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty). The SBLTX is UL approved intrinsically safe for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier.
Units come equipped with a 270-pound tensile strength shielded and vented cable. Ventilation tube in the cable automatically compensates for changes in atmospheric pressure above the tank. The vent is protected with a maintenance free filter eliminating particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer.
- Well monitoring
- Ground water monitoring
- Environmental remediation
- Surface water monitoring
- Down hole
- Water Tanks
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- 316 SS, 316L SS, Epoxy; Cable: Polyurethane or ETFE; Bullet Nose: PVC.
- ±0.25% FS.
- Temperature Limit:
- SBLT2: 0 to 150°F (-18 to 66°C); SBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C).
- Compensated Temperature Range:
- SBLT2: 0 to 140°F (-18 to 60°C); SBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C).
- Thermal Effect:
- ±0.02% full scale/°F.
- Pressure Limit:
- 2X FS.
- Power Requirement:
- SBLT2: 13 to 30 VDC; SBLTX: 10 to 28 VDC.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA DC, 2-wire.
- Response Time:
- 50 ms.
- Max. Loop Resistance:
- 900 Ω at 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- Wire pigtail.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Suspended in tank below level being measured.
- Electrical Protection:
- SBLT2: Lightning and surge protection; SBLTX: None.
- 2.2 lb (1.0 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- SBLT2: CE; SBLTX: CE, cULus intrinsically safe for Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III Div. 1. (According to control drawing 01-700797-00). *Only up to 196 ft (59.5 m) for ETFE cable and 333 ft (101.5 m) for polyurethane cable.
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- Lightning and surge protection on SBLT2 models
- Maintenance free vent filter
- UL approved intrinsically safe on SBLTX models
- Slim design for tight applications
- -Intrinsically Safe Approval - Change model number from SBLT2 to SBLTX.
- -Custom Ranges or Cable Lengths.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Order|
|MTL5041||Intrinsically safe galvanic barrier.||Next Day||$790.00||Order|
|MTL7706||Intrinsically safe zener barrier.||Next Day||$418.00||Order|
|A-297||Dessicant Vent Filter for submersible level transmitters||Next Day||$19.00||Order|
|A-625||Lift Loop/Hanger for submersible level transmitters||Next Day||$25.00||Order|
|EXAMPLE||SBLT2||300||500||ETFE||Series SBLT2-300-500-ETFE Lightning and Surge Protected Submersible Level Transmitter, 300 psi sensor, with 500' ETFE cable.|
|Lightning & Surge Protected Submersible Level Transmitter
Intrinsically Safe Submersible Level Transmitter
|3 psi Sensor (SBLT2 only)
5 psi Sensor
7.796 psi Sensor (18' w.c.) (SBLT2 only)
8.662 psi Sensor (20' w.c.) (SBLT2 only)
10 psi Sensor
10.34 psi Sensor (SBLT2 only)
12.992 psi Sensor (30' w.c.)
14.5 psi Sensor (SBLT2 only)
15 psi Sensor
20 psi Sensor
25 psi Sensor
25.984 psi Sensor (60’ w.c.)
30 psi Sensor
35 psi Sensor
40 psi Sensor
50 psi Sensor (SBLT2 only)
60 psi Sensor
100 psi Sensor
150 psi Sensor
200 psi Sensor
300 psi (SBLT2 only)
1.5 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
2.5 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
3.5 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
5 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
6 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
7 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
10 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
20 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
100 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
130 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
170 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
240 meter Sensor (SBLT2 only)
|Cable Length in Feet (min: 2 feet; max: 2000 feet)
Cable Length in Meters (min: 1 meter, max: 600 meters) (SBLT2 only)
|ETFE Cable (std is polyurethane)
1/4" Male NPT (std is 7/16-14)
1/4" Female NPT
BSPT Male ISO 228 R 1/4"
BSPT Female ISO 228 RC 1/4"
2 Year Warranty (available on SBLTX only)
- Is it safe to soak an MBLT level transmitter in vinegar or muratic acid to remove accumulated scale deposits?
- Feel free to use whatever cleaning chemicals you like to remove accumulated scale deposits as long as the chemicals are compatible with the unit’s wetted materials as specified in our published literature.
- Our client has an MBLT pressure transmitter that appears to be malfunctioning due to scale buildup. The transmitter is installed to measure leachate level in a one-year old municipal sanitary landfill. What can we use to remove scale from the transmitter without damaging the transmitter?
- If the issue is due to build-up which consequently plugs the small sensing holes, you might take a look at our PBLT2 or FBLT series. They are both more rugged and designed for sludge and slurries, whereas the MBLT and SBLT2 are better suited for cleaner applications such as ground water and wells.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.