Series MPC Pump Controller
One or Two Pump Control with Built-In Alternation, Over Temperature Protection and Seal Failure Monitoring
The Mercoid® MPC Pump Controller provides versatile level control in a standard 1/4 DIN package. Designed for use with almost any style level transmitter the unit displays the present level and main set point value. Incorporated in the MPC is programmable level differential for on/off control of one or two pumps, valves, or other devices through two SPDT relays. Also featured are two additional programmable alarm contacts with front alarm light indication.
The MPC is flexible and incorporates a user-friendly programming menu. The front face meets NEMA 4X for outdoor panel mounting. So many features are combined into the MPC that it eliminates many components in a pump control system.
- Water and wastewater
- Sump and sludge pits, clarifiers, digesters
- Chemical storage tanks
- Oil tanks
Models & Ordering
- 4 (or 0) to 20 mA DC or 2 (or 0) to 10 VDC selectable.
- Input Impedance:
- Current = 10 ohms, Voltage = 100 K ohms.
- Output Ratings:
- Control Relays: SPDT, rated 10 A @ 240 VAC res., 1/4 hp @ 120 VAC, 1/3 hp @ 240 VAC; Alarm Relays: SPST, 3 A @ 240 VAC res., 1/10 hp @ 120 VAC.
- Control Type:
- On/off, reverse (pump out) or direct (pump in) acting.
- Power Requirements:
- 100 to 240 VAC nominal, +10%-15%, 50 to 400 Hz, single phase; 132 to 240 VDC nominal, +10%-15%.
- Power Consumption:
- 7.5 VA max.
- ±0.25% of span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment 0.56" high LEDs.
- Display Resolution:
- 1 count.
- Memory Backup:
- Nonvolatile memory (no batteries required).
- Serial Communications:
- Optional RS-232 or RS-485 with Modbus® protocol.
- Ambient Operating Temperature/RH:
- 14 to 131°F (-10 to 55°C); 0 to 90% up to 104°F (40°C) non-condensing, 10 to 50% at 131°F (55°C) non-condensing.
- 16 oz (454 g).
- Front Panel Rating:
- Meets UL Type 4X (IP66).
- Loop Power Supply (isolated):
- 24 VDC @ 50 mA, regulated.
- Seal Failure (Moisture Sensor):
- Power: 2.5 VDC; Search Current: 3 micro amps; Resolution: 10K to 500K ohms in 10K ohm steps.
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, cULus.
- NOTE: For compatible level transmitters, see Mercoid Series PBLT and SBLT.
- Selectable pump alternation when used with two pumps to minimize pump wear. With alternation “on” a seal failure or over temperature condition will force the non-failed pump to lead status and stop alternation.
- When used with a submersible pump including a moisture sensor the MPC has alarm light indication of seal failure.
- When used with a pump including a thermostat the MPC has alarm light indication of pump over temperature and removes the pump from service. The Pump can be brought back into service automatically or by manual reset when the pump has cooled down.
- Alarms can be programmed for output indication of pump seal failure or over temperature.
- Selectable time delay, for pump two, on power up to prevent both pumps from starting at the same time. If power is lost, upon regaining power a time delay of up to 60 seconds can be selected to prevent too large of a current draw.
- Integral 24 VDC power supply for level transmitter.
- Displays pump run time from a front panel button.
- Test System function that simulates the process input to ensure the pumps are operating or to test programming.
- User selectable security lock-out of programming and/or set points.
- Process input retransmission as a current (4 to 20 mA) or voltage (2 to 10 VDC) analog signal (standard model MPC is set for current retransmission. For voltage retransmission add suffix “-RV”.
- In the event of power loss, upon regaining power a time delay of up to 60 seconds can be selected to prevent excessively large current draw
- Two additional programmable alarm contacts with front alarm light indication
- Front panel face meets NEMA 4X for outdoor panel mounting
- User-friendly programming menu
- -232 RS-232 Modbus® -RTU Serial Communications. Allows remote computer to read and write all control parameters. Add suffix -232.
- -485 RS-485 Modbus® -RTU Serial Communications. Allows remote computer to read and write all control parameters. Add suffix -485.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Order|
|A-900||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, control direct panel mounts in the front of the enclosure.||Same Day||$124.00||Order|
|A-901||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, clear plastic window with rear panel for mounting the control inside the enclosure.||Same Day||$233.00||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.