Series PPM Pulse Panel Meter
1/8 DIN, Dual-Line 6-Digit Display, Flow Rate and Totalizer
The Series PPM has a unique, rugged, NEMA 4X front panel design that makes it nearly impenetrable in typical applications. The weatherproof, UV resistant, large, dual line display allows for more information, making it easier to read and simpler to program. The intensity of the display can be adjusted allowing this meter to be utilized in dark rooms as well as outdoors, due to its sunlight readable display. It features up to eight visual alarm set points to trigger certain events and three function keys which can be programmed to provide direct menu access. With up to four relays available, the PPM features latching, non-latching, sampling, pump alteration control, and a fail-safe action. Offering programmable delay time, this meter prevents recognition of false maximum or minimum reading which may be caused by the start-up or unusual process events. The PPM provides three security passwords that restrict modification of programmed settings. This unit has the ability to obtain non-linear input signals and linearize them with a general purpose 32-point linearizer. Choose from RS-232, RS-422/485 serial communication options or any available expansion modules, accessories, and enclosures.
The PPM displays flow rate and total simultaneously, with a programmable relay and 4 to 20 mA option for flow rate or flow total. The PPM is a 1/8 DIN digital panel meter specifically designed for displaying flow rate and total from a pulsed input provided by open collector, NPN, PNP, TTL, switch contact, sine wave, or square wave.
Note: Shallow depth meters will not work with this Series.
- Level monitoring
- Pump control
- Flow rate indication
- Flow totalization
- Open channel flow monitoring
- Process control
Models & Ordering
- Field selectable: Pulse or square wave 0 to 5V, 0 to 12V, or 0 to 24V @ 30 kHz; TTL; open collector 4.7 kΩ pull-up to 5V @ 30 kHz; NPN or PNP transistor, switch contract 4.7 kΩ pull-up to 5V @ 40 Hz.
- Input Impedance:
- 50 to 100 Ω.
- ±0.03% of calibrated span ±1 count.
- Power Requirements:
- 85 to 265 VAC 50/60 Hz, 90 to 265 VDC, 20 W max or 12 to 24 VDC ± 10%, 15 W max.
- Dual-line 6-digit display, 0.60" and 0.46".
- Decimal Points:
- 5-positions, user selectable.
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating: -40 to 149°F (-40 to 65°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X, IP65 front.
- Electrical Connections:
- Removable screw terminal blocks accept 12 to 22 AWG wire, RJ45 for external relays, digital I/O, and serial communication adapters.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA.
- Switch Rating:
- 2 or 4 SPDT (Form C) internal and/or 4 SPST (Form A) external; rated 3A @ 30 VDC and 125/250 VAC resistive load; 1/14 HP @ 125/250 VAC for inductive loads.
- Power Consumption:
- 85 to 265 VAC models: 200 mA @ 24 VDC; 12 to 24 VDC models: 100 mA @ 24 VDC; Second supply with output 2 models: 40 mA @ 24 VDC.
- Time Delay:
- 0 to 999.9 seconds, on & off relay time delays programmable and independent for each relay.
- Shipping Weight:
- 9.5 oz (269 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, RoHS, cUL, UL.
- Three levels of password protection
- Gate function for rate display of slow pulse rates
- Rate displayed as units per second, minute, hour, or day
- K-factor calibration or scale with up to 32-point linearization
- Total, grand total or non-re-settable grand total
- Two or four relays & isolated 4 to 20 mA output options
- External 4-relay & digital I/O expansion modules
- RS-232, RS-422/485 serial communication options
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Code||Order|
|PMA-02||Meter copy cable.||2-3 Weeks||$11.75||N||Order|
|PMA-01||RS-232 serial adapter.||2-3 Weeks||$96.50||N||Order|
|PMA-03||RS-422/485 serial adapter.||2-3 Weeks||$96.50||N||Order|
|PMA-04||RS-232 to RS-422/485 isolated converter.||2-3 Weeks||$183.00||N||Order|
|PMA-05||RS-232 to RS-422/485 non-isolated converter.||2-3 Weeks||$147.00||N||Order|
|PMA-06||USB to RS-232 Non-isolated converter.||2-3 Weeks||$60.50||N||Order|
|PMA-07||USB to RS-422/485 isolated converter.||2-3 Weeks||$231.00||N||Order|
|PMA-08||USB to RS-422/485 non-isolated converter.||2-3 Weeks||$168.00||N||Order|
|PMA-10||DIN rail mounting kit for two modules.||2-3 Weeks||$15.00||N||Order|
|PMA-11||4 relay expansion module.||2-3 Weeks||$85.00||N||Order|
|PMA-12||4 digital inputs and 4 digital outputs module.||2-3 Weeks||$36.75||N||Order|
|PME-01||Low-cost plastic enclosure for 1 meter.||2-3 Weeks||$206.00||N||Order|
|PME-02||Low-cost plastic enclosure for 2 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$234.00||N||Order|
|PME-11||Plastic enclosure for 1 meter.||Consult Factory||$146.00||N||Order|
|PME-12||Plastic enclosure for 2 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$187.00||N||Order|
|PME-13||Plastic enclosure for 3 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$217.00||N||Order|
|PME-14||Plastic enclosure for 4 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$317.00||N||Order|
|PME-15||Plastic enclosure for 5 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$334.00||N||Order|
|PME-16||Plastic enclosure for 6 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$305.00||N||Order|
|PME-21||Plastic enclosure for 1 meter.||2-3 Weeks||$241.00||N||Order|
|PME-22||Plastic enclosure for 2 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$309.00||N||Order|
|PME-23||Plastic enclosure for 3 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$299.00||N||Order|
|PME-24||Plastic enclosure for 4 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$446.00||N||Order|
|PME-25||Plastic enclosure for 5 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$472.00||N||Order|
|PME-26||Plastic enclosure for 6 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$497.00||N||Order|
|PME-31||Stainless steel enclosure for 1 meter.||Consult Factory||$609.00||N||Order|
|PME-32||Stainless steel enclosure for 2 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$632.00||N||Order|
|PME-33||Stainless steel enclosure for 3 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$754.00||N||Order|
|PME-34||Stainless steel enclosure for 4 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$877.00||N||Order|
|PME-35||Stainless steel enclosure for 5 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$938.00||N||Order|
|PME-36||Stainless steel enclosure for 6 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$999.00||N||Order|
|PME-41||Steel enclosure for 1 meter.||2-3 Weeks||$281.00||N||Order|
|PME-42||Steel enclosure for 2 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$393.00||N||Order|
|PME-43||Steel enclosure for 3 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$402.00||N||Order|
|PME-44||Steel enclosure for 4 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$453.00||N||Order|
|PME-45||Steel enclosure for 5 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$504.00||N||Order|
|PME-46||Steel enclosure for 6 meters.||2-3 Weeks||$651.00||N||Order|
- Would a UFM-1 and a PPM-100 be a good match to monitor and total domestic water usage for an apartment building? The UFM-1 would be able to be powered from the 24VAC output from the PPM-100, correct? Would the PPM-100 be able to interpret the pulse signal from the UFM-1 and be able to totalize that data for up to 2 weeks on the onboard memory of the PPM-100?
- The Model UFM-1 compact ultrasonic flowmeter sends out pulse signals which can be picked up by the Series PPM pulse panel meter. Also, the Series PPM has an isolated 24VDC power supply which the UFM-1 can use. The Series PPM meter has a 6-digit readout which means that it can read up to a million (gallons, liters, m3, etc.). After surpassing the million mark that readout will reset to zero and begin counting again. If needed, the Series PPM can be configured to read continuously, surpassing the millionth mark, by setting the conversion factor on the unit.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.