Series 1230/1235 Flex-Tube® Well-Type Manometers
No Moving Parts, Suitable for Laboratory or General Industry
Dwyer® SERIES 1230 & 1235 Flex-Tube® Well Type Manometers are designed to meet the need for a direct reading single column instrument providing highly accurate pressure readings; positive, negative or differential. Unlike other makes, Dwyer manometers have no hidden wells or packing glands. These instruments are constructed of shatter-proof clear plastic tubing permanently bonded to well assemblies with leak-proof glued joints. Well assemblies are precisely machined from solid acrylic plastic. Over-pressure safety traps assure protection against loss of fluid. Scales are adjusted with quick-acting positive mechanism. These manometers are rated to 100 psig (6.89 bar). Not recommended for vacuum service beyond 5" Hg (68" w.c.).
- Laboratory and industrial service applications
Models & Ordering
- SERIES NO. 1230 MANOMETERS (wall mounting type), Have mounting holes for easy installation. They may also be used as portable manometers and can be hung or attached to any vertical steel surface by magnetic mounting clips. All parts are fully visible and readily accessible for cleaning.
- SERIES NO. 1235 MANOMETERS (panel mounting type), All pressure connections are made from the back, with the micrometer zero scale adjustment in front at the base of the liquid column.
- MULTI-TUBE MANOMETERS, of the same design as the No. 1235 series are available with any number of tubes mounted on a single panel. They are designed for semi-flush panel mounting with all pressure connections made from the back. Reading columns are on 1-1/2" centers.
- HIGH-ACCURACY PRESSURE MEASUREMENT suitable for laboratory or general industry.
- PRECISION BUILT assures device meets the highest standards.
- NO MOVING PARTS mean no calibration or nothing to wear out.
- OVER-PRESSURE TRAP prevents liquid from being expelled from gage, preventing disruption of operation.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-101||1 oz dispenser bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Next Day||$7.80||Order|
|A-102||4 oz bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Next Day||$15.00||Order|
|A-103||1 pt bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Next Day||$34.00||Order|
|A-104||1 qt bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Next Day||$64.00||Order|
|A-126||1 oz dispenser bottle fluorescein green color concentrate.||Next Day||$11.50||Order|
|A-315||Gage connector, shutoff type, for 3/16" rubber tubing.||Next Day||$14.25||Order|
|A-220||Clear flexible vinyl tubing is easily inspected, and is therefore best for test applications where a possibility of fluid entering the tubing exists. 3/16" ID x 5/16" OD, lengths to 500'; 45 psi maximum pressure @ 73°F.||Next Day||$0.25||Order|
|A-339||Adapter, brass, 1/8" NPT to 3/16" rubber and 1/8" ID plastic tubing.||Next Day||$4.20||Order|
|EXAMPLE||1230||8||W/M||B||Series 1230-8-WM-B Wall Mount Flex-Tube® Well-Type Manometer, range 0-8" w.c., using water/mercury, with type B connections.|
|Wall Mount Flex-Tube® Well-Type Manometer
Panel Mount Flex-Tube® Well-Type Manometer
0-20 cm w.c.
0-30 cm w.c.
0-40 cm w.c.
0-50 cm w.c.
0-60 cm w.c.
0-90 cm w.c.
Red Gage Fluid (.826 specific gravity) (not available with 40CM range)
|(2) molded nylon rapid shutoff tubing connectors, 9' of rubber tubing and (1) brass terminal tube
(2) 1/8" pipe thread openings
(2) compression fittings for 1/4" O.D. copper or aluminum tubing
(2) 3-way vent valves, 1/8" 1/8 NPT to 1/4" metal tubing
NIST Certificate of Calibration
- Is routine maintenance required for a Dwyer red gage fluid type manometer?
- Yes. The zero point should be checked periodically as well as the fluid level. After a year of service, particularly with dirty air, the fluid should be replaced to assure that specific gravity changes are not affecting the accuracy of the reading.
- Will the water manometers freeze?
- Yes, if the temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the fluid in the manometer will freeze. The fluid used in "W/M" style manometers is water-based with a small amount of fluorescent green fluid to enhance the meniscus. The other gage fluids have a lower freezing point, however, it is recommended that the manometers be stored above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- What is the advantage of using a manometer rather than a Magnehelic® gage?
- Dwyer Instruments manufactures many different types and styles of manometers with various accuracies and prices for different applications as well as the Magnehelic® gage. For example, some of the many manometers we manufacture are Hook Gage Manometers with ±0.001 inches water column accuracy; Microtector® Portable Electronic Point Gage to ±0.00025 inches water column accuracy; Handheld Digital Manometers with ±0.5 inches water column accuracy; very inexpensive Mark II Molded Plastic Air Filter Gages at ±3% inches water column accuracy. The key point is that we offer many manometers and the selection depends on your specification, application, convenience needs and pocketbook. Some of the key factors to consider that affect manometer performance and usage are: Characteristics of Indicating Fluid, Readability and Leveling. You should read "Measurement of Pressure with the Manometer" in our catalog to fully understand the importance of these factors and their effect on your reading with the manometer instrument. For many applications people prefer to use our Magnehelic® (dial style) gage with ±2% inches of water column accuracy because of convenience, accuracy, etc., plus when compared to a manometer, it eliminates indicating fluid, need for leveling, and some prefer the readability. If you consider manometers and Magnehelic® gages to measure low air or gas pressures positive, negative, or differential, you have a wide selection to choose from and your application needs can be met with our very broad product line at a great value.
- What is the density of Fluoroscein Green Concentrate after mixing 3/4 oz with 1 quart DI water?
- The specific gravity after combining the two will be 1.00.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.