Series CX Compressor Pressure Switch
Adjustable Set Point and Deadband, 20 Amp Rating
The Series CX Compressor Pressure Switches are designed with a 20 amp normally closed SPST switch for direct control of pumps and motors. The set point and deadband are both easily adjustable via screw terminals inside the cover. For ease of installation, the switches come with a 1/4" female NPT process connection or the optional 4-port connection block on the CX-4 models. Besides making installation easier, one of the other ports can be used to install a pressure gage. Plus, these switches can be mounted in any orientation.
These units are perfect for regulating tank pressure on small air compressors. The CX series switches come with an unloader valve, which prevents compressors from starting under load. They also come with an auto/off disconnect lever for manually cutting off the load. When the lever is in the off position, there is a test button inside the housing that can be pushed to turn on the load.
Models & Ordering
- Air and non-combustible compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:
- NBR (Nitrile-Butadiene) rubber diaphragm, steel connection (CX-1), aluminum alloy connection (CX-4).
- Temperature Limits:
- 140°F (60°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- See Ordering page.
- Enclosure Rating:
- General purpose.
- ±5 psig (±0.3 bar).
- Switch Type:
- 2 each SPST snap action, normally closed (NC).
- Electrical Ratings:
- 20 A @ 120 VAC, 12 A @ 240 VAC, 9.6 A @ 240 VAC (3 phase), 8.6 A @ 32 VDC, 3.1 A @ 120 VDC, 1.6 A @ 240 VDC. 1.5 HP @ 120 VAC, 2 HP @ 240 VAC, 3 HP @ 240 VAC (3 phase), 0.25 HP @ 32/120/240 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection:
- 7/8" hole for 1/2" conduit hub (2 places).
- Process Connection:
- 1/4" female NPT (CX-4: 4 places).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Switch can be installed in any position.
- Setpoint Adjustment:
- Internal screws.
- CX-1: 0.78 lb (0.35 kg); CX-4: 1.03 lb (0.47 kg).
- See Ordering page.
- Agency Approval:
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.