Series MTL7706/7787 Zener Barrier
Intrinsically Safe Barriers for Hazardous Locations
The MTL7706/7787 is an intrinsically safe (IS) shunt-diode barrier that can be used to communicate with and provide isolations for certain Dwyer® transmitters approved for use in hazardous areas. These barriers limit the amount of energy allowed to pass into the hazardous area, which inhibit ignition in flammable atmospheres.
- Electrically isolates pressure and level transmitters from unregulated circuits for intrinsically safe applications
Models & Ordering
- Transmitter Voltage:
- 16.2 V @ 20 mA with 250Ω load (negative w.r.t. earth); 11.0 V @ 20 mA with 500Ω load (negative w.r.t. earth).
- Safe Area Output:
- 4 to 20 mA.
- Load Resistance:
- 0 to 500Ω.
- Power Requirement:
- 20 to 35 VDC w.r.t. earth.
- ±2 µA under all conditions.
- LED Indicator:
- Green: Power Indication.
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C); Storage: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C).
- 5 to 95% RH.
- Accommodate up to 2.5 mm² stranded or single-core.
- Safety Description:
- 28 µV, 300Ω, 93 mA.
- 4.9 oz (140 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- See table on Catalog page.
- Approved for use in hazardous areas
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.