Series 16A Temperature/Process Controller
1/16 DIN, Universal Input, Fuzzy Logic, Self-Tune PID
Latest microprocessor based technology affords full programmability with complete array of features in compact ultra low cost unit. 16A Series Temperature/Process Controller features universal input, Self-Tune PID, Fuzzy Logic, and dual four-digit LED displays for process and set point value. Selectable inputs can be thermocouple, RTD, current or voltage. Available outputs are solid-state relay, relay, pulsed voltage, or proportional current Programmable alarm (optional) can be reset automatically or manually. Front panel is waterproof and corrosion resistant (UL type 4X), making it ideal for sanitary applications. Replace electronics without wiring changes (via removable front panel). Self diagnostics, nonvolatile memory and selectable control modes are all designed for greater productivity. Four security levels are password protected. On-off, P, PI or PID manual tune control functions can be selected or the controller will Self-Tune automatically for best PID control.
The 16A offers the best value in Standard Features in a Process and Temperature control. In addition to the features listed above, the 16A offers Peak/Valley indication, Percent Output indication, Digital Input Filter, and a host of others.
Models & Ordering
- Selectable Inputs:
- Thermocouple, RTD, DC Voltage, or DC Current.
- Two four-digit LED displays, 0.3 in (7.62 mm) high.
- Display Resolution:
- 1 degree or 0.1 degree (sensor dependent), or 1 count.
- ±0.25% of span ±1 least significant digit.
- Supply Voltage:
- 100 to 240 VAC nominal, +10% -15%, 50 to 400 Hz single phase; 132 to 240 VDC +10% 20%.
- Operating Temperature Range:
- 14 to 131°F (-10 to 55°C).
- Power Consumption:
- 5 VA maximum.
- Control Output Ratings:
- SSR: 2.0 A at 240 VAC resistive at 77°F (25°C). De-rates to 1.0 A at 130°F (55°C). Minimum load of 100 mA. DC SSR: 1.75 A at 32 VDC maximum. Relay: SPST, 3A at 240 VAC resistive, 1.5 A @ 240 VAC inductive. Pilot Duty rating: 250 VA, 2 A @ 120 VAC, 1 A @ 240 VAC. Alarm Relay: SPST, 3 A @ 240 VAC resistive; 1.5 A @ 240 VAC inductive. Pilot Duty Rating: 240 VA, 2 A @ 120 VAC or 1 A @ 240 VAC. Switched Voltage: 15 VDC at 20 mA. Proportional Current: 0 to 20 mADC, scalable, into 600 ohms maximum.
- 8 oz (227g).
- Agency Approvals:
- UL E83725, CE.
- Front Panel Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Serial Communications (Optional):
- RS-232 or RS-485 with either LoveLink™ or Modbus® RTU protocol.
- -934** Process Signal Output, PV or SV. Isolated 0 to 20 mADC
- -936** Process Signal Output, PV or SV. Isolated 0 to 10 VDC
- -992** RS-485 Computer Compatible Control Lovelink™ Protocol
- -993** RS-232 Computer Compatible Lovelink™ Protocol
- -9502 12-24 VDC/VAC power input
** These options may not be combined with each other.
- -996** RS-485 Serial Communications Modbus RTV Protocol
- -995** RS-232 Serial Communications Modbus RTV Protocol
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Order|
|A-600||R/C snubber (recommended for inductive loads like a solenoid or contactor).||$18.50||Order|
|EXAMPLE||16A||2||0||1||1||934||Series 16A2011-934 Temperature Controller/Process, no alarm, SSR output A and B, with set point/process signal output 0-20 mA.|
|Set Point/Process Signal Output 0-20 mA
Set Point/Process Signal Output 0-10 VDC
4-Stage Set Point
16A3 Program R/H Key Reset
12/24 VDC Power Supply
- Snubber Application Note
- Series 16A Service Manual
- Series 1600 Service Manual
- Series 1600 Love Calibration Manual
- 16A IOM insert
- In the Series 16A the option 936 = Set Point/Process Signal Output 0-10 VDC My Question Is "What Is This Option Used For"?
- The -936 option on the 16A is most commonly used to remotely monitor a process (for instance, in a different room). An additional panel meter with a 0-10 volt input will allow you to do this. It can also be used as an input to another controller that runs a different system (off of the same process transmitter, for instance).
- We are trying to program a temperature control and receive the following message - Communication error > address 01: no response from controller at register 795 (031A). What could be causing this error?
- The register 795 is a Modbus register. One of the reasons why there is a communication error is the -992 for the RS-485 communication is LOVELINK Protocol, if you are trying to communicate with Modbus® protocol, it will not work. See the LoveLink™III Software.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.