Series 4B 1/4 DIN Temperature/Process Controller
Dual Control Output, RS-485 Communication, Auto-Tuning
The Series 4B 1/4 DIN Temperature/Process Controller is designed to accept thermocouple, RTD, current or voltage input and provide dual outputs for control. Available outputs include relay/relay, voltage pulse/relay, current/relay, or linear voltage/relay.
The units can be programmed for ON/OFF, PID, auto-tuning, or manual tuning control methods. The PID control is supported by 64 ramp/soak actions. The Series 4B also includes two additional alarm outputs. The second relay output can be reconfigured as a third alarm output. The alarm type can be selected from 13 different preprogrammed alarm functions. The controller features dual LED displays for local indication of process and setpoint values.
- Control temperature for boilers, damper control based on temperature or pressure.
- Hot plates/melt pots.
- Packaging equipment.
- Environmental chambers.
- Medical equipment.
- Food service equipment.
Models & Ordering
- Thermocouple, RTD, DC voltages or DC current.
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment. PV: 3/4" H (19 mm) red; SV: 1/2" H (12.7 mm) green.
- ±0.25% span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Supply Voltage:
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
- Power Consumption:
- 5 VA max.
- Operating Temperature:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Memory Backup:
- Nonvolatile memory.
- Control Output Ratings:
- Relay: SPDT, 5 A @ 250 VAC resistive; Voltage Pulse: 14 V, 10% to -20% (max 40 mA); Current: 4 to 20 mA; Linear Voltage: 0-10 V.
- RS-485 Modbus® A-5-11/RTU communication protocol.
- 15 oz (425 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, RoHS, cUL, UL.
- Front Panel Rating:
- Universal input accepts process transmitters, RTD’s or thermocouple signals
- On/off, PID, or manual output control
- RS-485 standard on all models
- Stage control program for up to 64 ramp/soak actions
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|SCD-SW||Configuration software.||Same Day||$35.00||Order|
|A-277||Precision resistor, 250 ohm.||Same Day||$7.00||Order|
|MN-1||Mini-Node™ RS-485 to USB converter.||Same Day||$77.50||Order|
|A-900||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, control direct panel mounts in the front of the enclosure.||Same Day||$124.00||Order|
|A-901||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, clear plastic window with rear panel for mounting the control inside the enclosure.||Same Day||$233.00||Order|
|A-600||R/C snubber (recommended for inductive loads like a solenoid or contactor).||Same Day||$18.75||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.