Series DFS2 Low Limit Freeze Protection Switch
Manual and Automatic Reset
The Series DFS2 Low Limit Freeze Protection Switch protects cooling coils in air handler systems by preventing frost build up. The thermostat and its capillary sensing element provide an antifreeze function by sensing the lowest temperature along any one foot section of capillary. The DPDT manual or automatic reset relays signal the building management system as well as cut off the fan. The Series DFS2 will detect temperature drops below the fixed safety value (set point) which can be set as low as 34°F (1°C) utilizing the visual set point indicator and set point screw.
- HVAC equipment
- Heat exchangers and cooling coils
Models & Ordering
- Sensing Element:
- Vapor-filled capillary.
- Operating Temperature:
- 14°F to 54°F (-10°C to 12°C).
- Storage Temperature:
- 14°F to 158°F (-10°C to 70°C).
- Capillary Overload Temperature:
- 392°F (200°C), maximum 60 minutes.
- Humidity Limit:
- 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing.
- Galvanized steel base, ABS cover.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 1 (IP40).
- Capillary Material:
- Cable Entry:
- (1) M20 compression fitting.
- Reset Action:
- Available in automatic or manual reset options.
- Low-level Setpoint:
- Factory Set: 39°F (4°C), and safety lock secured; Adjustment via screwdriver slot.
- Wire Connection:
- Terminal with wire-retaining screws.
- Wire Size:
- Max. 14 AWG.
- Electrical Rating:
- 24 to 250 VAC, 15 (8) A.
- Electrical Connections:
- Two each NO/NC/Common.
- 1.8°F (fixed).
- 1.6 lb (0.7 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- Vapor-filled copper capillary sensing element
- Joint spring protector at capillary-bellow connection
- Set point safety-lock protection and simple adjustment
- Easy installation and wiring
- Automatic and manual reset
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-DFS2-C||Capillary mounting clips (6 pcs)||Next Day||$12.50||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.