Model RVM Portable Radar Wave Velocity Meter
Non-Contact Measurement, Handheld Meter, Angle Compensation
The Model RVM Portable Radar Wave Velocity Meter uses Doppler Radar technology to accurately measure surface velocity of open channel flow. The "point-and-shoot" design along with automatic vertical angle compensation provides easy to use operation. Model RVM also has user-adjustable horizontal angle compensation of 5° increments to further reduce measurement error. Flow velocity can be measured bi-directionally with user-selectable directional modes (flows away, towards, or in both directions). Model RVM features a backlit LCD that indicates flow velocity in feet per second or meters per second.
Model RVM includes:
- Portable Radar Wave Velocity Meter
- Rechargeable batteries
- 12 VDC car charger
- Rugged case
- Sewer systems
- Water systems
- Hydrologic systems
Models & Ordering
- 0.1 to 43 fps (0.3 to 13 m/s).
- Single-line, 5-digit, backlit LCD.
- Power Requirements:
- 6.1 to 8 VDC, (6) 1.2 V AA NiMH batteries, installed functional, user replaceable (12 VDC lighter plug power cable included).
- Power Consumption:
- 0.18 A max.
- Serial Communications:
- RS232 (with purchase of A-RVM-CC).
- Temperature Limits:
- -22 to 158°F (-30 to 70°C).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Humidity Limit:
- 90% RH @ 98.6°F (37°C).
- Enclosure Material:
- ABS polycarbonate blend.
- Angle Compensation:
- Vertical: automatic via tilt sensor; Horizontal: adjustable from 0 to 45° in 5° increments for cosine angle error.
- 2.1 lb (907 g).
- High accuracy
- Doppler radar technology
- Works with shallow flow depths
- Field rechargeable
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Code||Order|
|A-RVM-CC||Communication cable||Consult Factory||$60.00||B||Order|