Series DT Detector Position Sensor
Reliable Magnetic Point Sensor, Stainless Steel Housing, AC or DC
The Series DT Detector Position Sensors are reliable, magnetically actuated, SS, completely interchangeable with competitive units. AC or DC for user friendly operation. They have no moving parts, eliminate costly seal fittings and offer enhanced reliability by eliminating arcing. Unintentional actuation by metals is not a problem. The sensor consists of a durable hermetically sealed reed switch potted in a SS housing and a separate 316 SS magnetic actuator bolt. As the actuator moves within the sensing range of the sensor, the magnet in the actuator changes the state of reed switch contacts inside the sensor. This either opens or closes a circuit depending on wiring configuration. Sensing distance is 0.1" (2.54 mm) for the standard target. Greater sensitivity of a larger magnetic target increases the sensing distance to 0.5" (12.7 mm).
The detector is excellent for hazardous and corrosive environments, solid state and intrinsically safe applications. A detector may be mounted in any position. For installation in hazardous locations, be sure to check local and national electrical codes. The detector is designed to NEMA 1, 3, 4, 4X, 6, 7, 9, 12 and 13.
- Position monitoring and indication with devices such as linear valves – actuators & cylinders – rotary valves – dampers
Models & Ordering
- Temperature Limit:
- -40 to 163°F (-40 to 73°C).
- Switch Type:
- Tungsten, SPDT, Form C.
- Electrical Rating:
- 3A at 125 VAC, 3A at 30 VDC.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof; Hermetically Sealed; Explosion-proof UL & CSA listed for Class I, Groups A, B, C & D; Class II, Groups E, F & G, Divisions 1 & 2.
- Intrinsically Safe:
- Simple Apparatus (w/ barrier).
- Operating/Response Time:
- 3.0 msec.
- Initial Contact Resistance:
- 0.50 ohms (max).
- 0.005 in. (.01 cm).
- 0.030 in. (.08 cm).
- Electrical Connection:
- Factory sealed with 18" minimum, 4 conductor, PVC insulated, 18 AWG - green/red/black/white (ground/NC/NO/Common).
- 316 Stainless Steel.
- Epoxy Resin.
- 1/2"-14 female NPT.
- 0.32 lb (145 g); 0.45 lb (204 g) with actuator.
- Agency Approvals:
- CSA, cUL, UL.
- Excellent for hazardous and corrosive environments
- Can be mounted in any position
- Designed to NEMA 1, 3, 4, 4X, 6, 7, 9, 12 and 13
|EXAMPLE||DT||1060||100||Series DT1060-100 Detector Positioner Sensor, standard actuator, with 100 ft. cable.|
|SERIES||DT||Detector Position Sensor|
High Strength Actuator
|CABLE LENGTH||X||2 to 200 ft. (1.5 ft. is standard)|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.