Series SA1100 Diaphragm Operated Pressure Switches
Visible Setpoint, Adjustable Deadband, Hermetically Sealed Snap Switch, Weatherproof and Explosion-proof
The SERIES SA1100 Diaphragm Operated Pressure Switches are weatherproof and explosion-proof in one economical enclosure. Extremely rugged construction assures excellent reliability in chemical, petroleum and industrial plants. New design also provides burst pressure protection to 3000 psi (206 bar). The rolling diaphragm design maintains a constant effective area to minimize friction. This results in a minimum deadband as low as 5% of full-scale. Since many applications require higher deadbands, the SA1100 includes a separate adjustment of this when necessary. A pump being used to control liquid level in a tank would be a typical situation where this feature would be important. Both setpoint and deadband adjustments are protected, yet clearly visible behind a clear polycarbonate window and are fully isolated from the electrical components for additional safety. A 7/16? open-end wrench is the only tool required to change settings. Terminal blocks are provided for switch wiring connections and both internal and external ground screws are included. Standard housing is weatherproof to NEMA standards 1 through 4X and 13; explosion-proof to NEMA 7, Class I, Groups B, C & D; NEMA 9, Class II, Groups E, F & G. Optional construction adds drain to meet NEMA 3R IP54.
- Chemical, petroleum, food and drug processing industries
- Used indoor, outdoor or in explosion-proof area
- Pump control
Models & Ordering
- Wetted Materials:
- See pressure chamber and diaphragm material in model chart.
- Temperature Limits:
- -30 to 180°F (-35 to 82°C) standard. ATEX compliant at Ambient Temperature -4 to 167°F (-20 to 75°C); Process Temperature -4 to 167°F (-20 to 75°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 1200 psig (82.6 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof and Explosion-proof. Listed with UL and CSA for Class I, Groups B, C and D; Class II Groups E, F and G. ATEX Compliant CE 0344 Ex II 2 G EEx d IIC T6 Process Temperature 75°C. Weatherproof UL Rated Type 4. Meets NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Switch Type:
- SPDT or DPDT snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- See model chart.
- Electrical Connections:
- Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- 1/2" female NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Within 20° of vertical.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Internal 7/16" hex nuts.
- 3.5 lb (1.6 kg).
- See deadband chart.
- Agency Approvals:
- ATEX, CE, CSA, UL.
- Explosion-proof and weatherproof housing provides device protection for outdoor use or harsh environment operation
- Burst pressure protection prevents device failure where high-pressure surges may damage device costing down-time and repair/replacement
- Adjustable deadband reduces equipment cycling and potential failure
- Visible set-point and deadband adjustments provide an easy and fast check without having to open device causing dangerous conditions to operators
|EXAMPLE||SA11||11||E||A||4||K||1||AT||Series SA1111E-A4-K1-AT Diaphragm Operated Pressure Switch, adjustable range 10-150 psig, SPDT snap switch, aluminum pressure chamber, Buna-n diaphragm and o-ring, 1/4" female NPT, with ATEX certified construction.|
|SERIES||SA11||Diaphragm Operated Pressure Switch|
10-150 psig (0.7-10 bar)
20-250 psig (1.4-17.2 bar)
30-500 psig (2.0-34.0 bar)
Snap Action Switch, Rated 15A @ 125/250/480 VAC
Hermetically Sealed Snap Switch, Rated 5A @ 125/250 VAC
Hermetically Sealed Snap Switch with Gold Contacts, Rated 1A @ 125 VAC
Buna-N Diaphragm and O-ring
Fluorocarbon Diaphragm and O-ring
DPDT (not available with HS or HG switch options)
1/4" Female NPT
1/2" Female NPT
Housing with Drain (allows condensate to be drained)
Stainless Steel Tag
- For which pressure switch applications are gold contacts recommended?
- For "dry circuit" applications where little or no current is flowing in the circuit to help burn off contact dirt and oxidation. Switches used with solid state circuits often fall in this category.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.