Series 1221/1222/1223 Flex-Tube® U-Tube Manometer
These inexpensive manometers measure positive, negative and differential pressures. Dwyer® Flex-Tube® U-Tube Manometers combine the inherent accuracy of the simple "U" Tube with the durability of tough, long-lasting plastic construction. Columns are of .375" O.D. flexible and shatter proof clear butyrate tubing. They are easily accessible for cleaning. Indicating tube is backed by white scale channel to provide maximum color contrast. Scales are extruded high impact polystyrene plastic, formed to hold columns in perfect alignment. Stark white scales have graduations and numbers silkscreen-printed in black for maximum legibility.
You can choose from numerous models and features including over-pressure safety traps, in full scale ranges from 8" to 36" of water or mercury. All are suitable for total pressures to 100 psi - for determining velocity and static pressures, leakage, fan and blower efficiency, filter resistance, and gas pressures. Ideal wherever a portable, direct reading manometer is needed. Standard ranges and markings as shown, or special ranges, colors, logos and brand names for OEM quantity orders are available.
Models & Ordering
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships||Price||Order|
|A-101||1 oz dispenser bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Same Day||$6.80||Order|
|A-102||4 oz bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Same Day||$13.00||Order|
|A-103||1 pt bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Same Day||$30.25||Order|
|A-104||1 qt bottle of red gage fluid, .826 sp. gr.||Same Day||$54.50||Order|
|A-126||1 oz dispenser bottle fluorescein green color concentrate.||Same Day||$9.90||Order|
|A-220||Clear flexible vinyl tubing is easily inspected, and is therefore best for test applications where a possibility of fluid entering the tubing exists. 3/16" ID x 5/16" OD, lengths to 500'; 45 psi maximum pressure @ 73°F.||Same Day||$0.25||Order|
|A-339||Adapter, brass, 1/8" NPT to 3/16" rubber and 1/8" ID plastic tubing.||Same Day||$3.90||Order|
|A-364||Magnet assembly for 1222 manometers, 2 required (3 required for 1222-36 and M-1000).||Same Day||$7.20||Order|
|A-319||Flexible red PVC connector, 3/16" ID rubber tubing to 1/4" ID plastic tube for 1221,1222 and 1227 manometers.||Same Day||$3.40||Order|
|A-363||Scale clamp bar for 1221 manometer.||Same Day||$5.10||Order|
|EXAMPLE||1221||8||W/M||AT||Series 1221-8-W/M-AT U-Tube Manometer, range 4-0-4" w.c. using water/mercury, with aluminum tag.|
100-0-100 mm w.c.
150-0-150 mm w.c.
200-0-200 mm w.c.
300-0-300 mm w.c.
500-0-500 mm w.c.
Inches of Water/Mercury
Inches of Water Using Red Gage Fluid
NIST Certificate of Calibration
Type B Connections (available with 1223 only)
Type C Connections (available with 1223 only)
Type D Connections (available with 1223 only)
Type E Connections (available with 1223 only)
- What are the principle advantages of red gage fluid over water for use in manometers?
- Red gage fluid is slow to evaporate, won't freeze, is more readable and produces slightly expanded scales for better reading resolution.
- Is routine maintenance required for a Dwyer red gage fluid type manometer?
- Yes. The zero point should be checked periodically as well as the fluid level. After a year of service, particularly with dirty air, the fluid should be replaced to assure that specific gravity changes are not affecting the accuracy of the reading.
- Will the water manometers freeze?
- Yes, if the temperature drops below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the fluid in the manometer will freeze. The fluid used in "W/M" style manometers is water-based with a small amount of fluorescent green fluid to enhance the meniscus. The other gage fluids have a lower freezing point, however, it is recommended that the manometers be stored above 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Since water will not mix with oil, why can't a D-style manometer be used to measure water pressures?
- The weight of the water itself is also being measured which results in erroneous readings.
- Why doesn't 1 inch on the scale of a 1223-12-D manometer equal 1 inch on a ruler?
- The calibration scale on the manometer has been compensated for the specific gravity of red gage fluid which is less than water.
DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.