Series PMT2 Particulate Transmitter
Digital Damping, Non-Stick Probe, For Broken Bag Detection
The Series PMT2 Particulate Transmitter is designed to measure particulate emission levels from dust collector discharge. Using DC coupled electrostatic induction sensing technology, the transmitter monitors a pA current that is generated as particulate passes near the probe; a 4 to 20 mA signal will vary based on the particulate level. The PMT2 offers 6 sensitivity ranges allowing the user to choose the range that will best fit the application. The range and test selector switch can also be set to output a 4 mA or 20 mA signal to assist with set up or trouble shooting. Averaging time setting can be used to dampen the signal if desired.
- Emissions monitoring
- Broken bag detection in dust collectors
- Filter leak or wear detection
- Bin vent monitoring
Models & Ordering
- Air and compatible gases, any type of particulate conductive or nonconductive.
- Wetted Materials:
- 316L SS, silicone, and PTFE.
- Powder coated aluminum.
- ±5% of reading.
- Particulate Size:
- 0.3 microns and higher.
- Detection Range:
- 5 to 5000 pA (6 selectable range options).
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -40 to 145°F (-40 to 63°C); Process: -40 to 248°F (-40 to 120°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 30 psi (2 bar).
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 28 VDC.
- Electrical Connection:
- Two 1/2" female NPT conduit openings.
- Terminal Block:
- Removable (16 to 20 AWG wire).
- Process Connection:
- See model chart on catalog page.
- Probe Lengths:
- See model chart on catalog page.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Type 4 (IP66).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Averaging Time:
- 1 to 360 s (10 selectable options).
- Varies with length of probe and type of mount.
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, cULus; ATEX Compliant: 0518 II 1 G Ex ia IIB T4 GA (-40°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 63°C) (-40°C ≤ T Process ≤ 120°C) / II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T120°C Da (-40°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 63°C) (-40°C ≤ T Process ≤ 120°C). Type Certificate No.: DEMKO 16ATEX1768 X. ATEX Standards: EN 60079-0:2012/A11:2013; EN 60079-11:2012. IECEx Certified: Ex ia IIB T4 Ga (-40°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 63°C) (-40°C ≤ T Process ≤ 120°C) / Ex ia IIIC T120°C Da (-40°C ≤ Tamb ≤ 63°C) (-40°C ≤ T Process ≤ 120°C). Certificate of Conformity: IECEx UL 16.013X. IECEx Standards: IEC 60079-0: 2011; IEC 60079-11: 2011. UL Listed Intrinsically Safe for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups E, F and G; Class III; Class I Zone 0 AEx ia IIB T4 Ga; Class I Zone 0 Ex ia IIB T4 Ga.
- Simple 2-wire installation for PLC and control panels
- Non-stick PTFE coated probe to prevent false readings from moist and conductive dusts, condensate, and dust buildup
- Remote zero calibration helps to decrease maintenance time
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-PMT2-M20||1/2" NPT to M20 conduit adapter||1-2 Weeks||$40.00||Order|
|A-PMT2-FLG||2" ANSI flange with 3/4" female NPT connection||1-2 Weeks||$300.00||Order|
|EXAMPLE||PMT2||03||A||U2||ST||Series PMT2-03-A-U2-ST, Particulate transmitter, 3" probe length, 3/4" male NPT, UL (intrinsically safe) with a stainless steel tag|
|3" Probe length
5" Probe length
10" Probe length
15" Probe length
20" Probe length
30" Probe length
36" Probe length
|3/4" male NPT
1.5" tri-clamp kit with 1" male NPT
3/4" male BSPT
|ATEX intrinsically safe
UL intrinsically safe
|Stainless steel tag
Female M20 electrical entries
Product Data Sheet
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.