Series V7 Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch
Magnetic Linkage, UL Approved
The Series V7 Flotect® Flow Switch is an inexpensive range switch for use with compatible liquids to start or stop electronic operated equipment when flow or no-flow conditions occur. Design is standard weatherproof, meeting NEMA 4X.
- Proof of boiler flow
- Shuts down burner when air flow through heating coil fails
- Protects pumps, motors and other equipment against low or no flow
- Stops liquid cooled engines, machines and processing when coolant flow is interrupted
Models & Ordering
- Liquids compatible with wetted materials that are non-coating and noncrystallizing.
- Wetted Materials:
- Vane: 301 SS, Process connection: Brass or 316 SS, Magnet: Ceramic, Other: 301, 302 SS.
- Upper Body Material:
- Die cast aluminum.
- Temperature Limits:
- -40 to 250°F (-40 to 121°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 250 psi (17.2 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof, meets NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- 10 A @ 125, 250, 480 VAC; 1/8 hp @ 125 VAC, 1/4 hp @ 250 VAC.
- Electrical Connections:
- 3 screw type, common, normally open and normally closed.
- Conduit Connection:
- 1/2" NPSM.
- Process Connection:
- 1" male NPT. Contact factory for optional tees.
- Pipe Size:
- 1" to 4".
- Mounting Orientation:
- Horizontal or vertical (actuation flow rates are based on horizontal pipe runs in the vertical position). Will not work in vertical pipe with down flow.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Vane is trimmable, see set point chart on Catalog page.
- 1 lb 2 oz (500 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, UL.
- Magnetically actuated switching design gives superior performance
- Features a free-swinging vane which attracts a magnet within the solid metal switch body, actuating a snap switch by means of a simple lever arm with no bellows, springs, or seals to fail
- Lower body is machined solid metal bar stock assuring no leak points, no matter how long the unit is in service
- Robust vane design is rigid and field trimmable for set point adjustment
|EXAMPLE||V7||W||B||S||3||0||N||ST||Series V7-WBS-30N-ST Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch, weatherproof, brass lower body, SPDT, 1" male NPT, trimmable vane, with stainless steel tag.|
|SERIES||V7||Flotect® Vane Operated Flow Switch|
|VANE SIZE||0||Full Length Vane with Template|
|TEE & TEE MATERIAL||N||No Tee|
|Stainless Tag Tag
- What does actuation and de-actuation mean?
- Actuation means that the flow rate has reached a point where the microswitch trips or the contacts of the microswitch change state. De-actuation means that the flow rate has decreased to a point where the microswitch returns to its normal state.
- What material is used as a seal between the process fluid and the electrical portion of the switch?
- The body material; as there is no separate "seal" since the body is machined from solid stock and the switch is magnetically actuated.
- On your Flow Switches, which model has a Form C type contact
- Form C contact is a SPDT snap switch. Many of Dwyer’s flow switches have SPDT snap switches. The V4, V6, V7, FS-2, and V8 are some of them.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.