Series IEF Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter
Field Configurable, High Accuracy, BACnet or Modbus® Protocol
The SERIES IEF Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter is an adjustable insertion flowmeter featuring electromagnetic technology that accurately and reliably measures fluid velocity in addition to providing several continuous signal outputs. This series is specifically designed to offer superior performance paired with simple installation and use. One unit is adjustable to fit pipe sizes from 4 to 36" (101.6 to 914.4 mm), and offers several output options including selectable BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communications protocol over 2-wire RS-485 in addition to the standard analog, frequency and alarm outputs.
Dwyer Instruments, Inc. was recognized for excellence in product design in the 15th annual Dealer Design Awards Program sponsored by The Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News magazine. An independent panel of contractors acted as judges in the contest that had 98 entries. The company’s Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Transmitter was the Bronze Award Winner in the Testing and Monitoring product category. The ACHR News is the leading trade magazine in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industries. To read the full announcements, please visit https://www.dwyer-inst.com/2018DDABronzeWinner.
- Boiler feed water
- Chilled water
- Open and closed loop condenser water
- Irrigation system
- Municipal water distribution
- Process and coolant flow
- Ground water remediation
- Chemical processing
- Pump protection
Models & Ordering
- Compatible clean or dirty non coating, conductive liquids.
- 0 to 20 ft/s (0 to 6 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Body shaft/fitting: 316SS; Electrodes: 316SS; Electrode cap: Polymer/Polystyrene; O-ring: Silicon.
- IEF-HX-X: ±0.5% of reading at calibrated velocity; ±1% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s); ±0.02 ft/s (±0.006 m/s) at < 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s). IEF-SX-X: ±1% FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -20 to 160°F (-29 to 71°C); Process: 15 to 250°F (-9 to 121°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Process Connection:
- 1" NPT or BSPT with accessory full port ball valve options.
- Pressure Limits:
- 400 psi (27.6 bar) @ 100º F (37.8°C).
- Pressure Drop:
- < 0.1 psi at 12 ft/s in 4" (101.6 mm) and larger pipe.
- (1) Analog: 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V or 2 to 10 V (display selectable);
(1) Pulse/Frequency: 0 to 15 V peak pulse, 0 to 500 Hz or scalable pulse output (display selectable);
(2) Alarm: (1) Empty pipe detection or minimum/maximum velocity, (display selectable);
(1) Reverse flow output indication.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 42.4 VDC, .25 A @ 24 VDC; 12 to 36 VAC.
- Electrical Connection:
- Removable terminal blocks, model selectable 1/2" female NPT conduit connection, PG 16 gland or PG 16 gland with (2) 10' (3 m) 9 conductor 22 AWG plenum rated cables, accessory cable lengths up to 200' (61 m) optional.
- 2" ( 5.08 cm) x 2" (5.08 cm) graphic LCD with backlight.
- >20 microsiemens.
- Enclosure Material:
- Powder coated die cast aluminum.
- Enclosure Ratings:
- NEMA 6P (IP68) (Non display models); NEMA 4X (IP66) (-LCD option).
- Agency Approvals:
- BTL, CE, NSF/ANSI 61 and 372.
- COMMUNICATIONS (-COM OPTION)
- BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communication protocol (default disabled, display selectable).
- Supported Baud Rates:
- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps (display selectable).
- Device Load:
- 1/8 unit load.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Most popular plastic and metal pipes; i.e. Carbon steel, SS, copper, UPVC/PVDF, galvanized steel, mild steel, and brass*.
- Applicable Pipe Size:
- IEF-HX-X: 4 to 10" (101 to 254 mm); IEF-SX-X: 4 to 36" (101 to 914 mm).
- Diameter Length Requirements:
- >10 upstream, >5 downstream.
- *Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models.
- Field configurable, integral or remote setup displays (-LCD option or accessory A-IEF-DSP) allow for ultimate flexibility by accommodating a variety of application configurations with one model through multiple display configurations i.e. pipe size, pipe material, liquid type, analog output, pulse/frequency output, alarm outputs, communication outputs, damping, and calibration factor.
- High performance accuracy is maintained through temperature, density or viscosity.
- Setup Wizard and installation tool are simple to use allowing for quick and precise installation.
- Accessory setup kit A-IEF-KIT ensures exact installation application depth with included thickness gage and measuring tape.
- Long Life Cycle and minimal maintenance requirements with no moving parts to wear or break and electrodes that discourage fouling.
- Isolation valve accessory options allow for installation in operational systems via hot-tap kit or easy removal without system downtime.
- NIST traceable pass/fail verification certificate included standard for Carbon Steel Schedule 40 pipes sized 4" (102 mm), 6" (150 mm), 8" (200 mm), and 10" (250 mm) with high accuracy option; 10" (250 mm) with standard option.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-IEF-KIT||Set up kit, includes: set up display, measuring tape, universal power adapter for high accuracy installation and UTG thickness gage.||1-2 Weeks||$1,000.00||Order|
|A-IEF-DSP||Setup display for field configuring non-display models.||1-2 Weeks||$550.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-50||Plenum rated cable 50' (15.2 m).||1-2 Weeks||$85.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-100||Plenum rated cable 100' (30 m).||1-2 Weeks||$170.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-150||Plenum rated cable 150' (45 m).||1-2 Weeks||$250.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-200||Plenum rated cable 200' (60 m).||1-2 Weeks||$350.00||Order|
|A-IEF-VLV-BR||1-1/4" full port isolation valve, brass.
Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models.
|A-IEF-VLV-SS||1-1/4" full port isolation valve, 316SS.||Consult Factory||$500.00||Order|
|A-IEF-INGD||Installation guide/alignment kit, includes: alignment scale body, 2 rods and 2 thumbscrews.||Same Day||$100.00||Order|
|A-IEF-TAG||Meter tag, clear envelope tag for adding field configured information to unit.||1-2 Weeks||$10.00||Order|
|A-IEF-MSTP||Measuring tape used for circumference of the pipe.||1-2 Weeks||$60.00||Order|
|A-IEF-LKOUT||Lock-out kit, includes: 4 specialty through hole screws for tamper evident locking of the display.||1-2 Weeks||$30.00||Order|
|UTG||Ultrasonic Thickness Gage||Same Day||$250.00||Order|
IEF-XX-X-OPT IEF INSERTION MAG METER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY H HIGH ACCURACY S STANDARD ACCURACY 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) PROCESS CONNECTION N 1 IN MALE NPT B 1 IN MALE BSPT 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) HOUSING ELECTRICAL CONNECTION CND 1/2 IN FEMALE NPT CONDUIT CONNECTION W/O CABLE PG PG GLAND W/O CABLE 10 PG GLAND W/10 FT CABLE OPTIONS (OPT) -CC CUSTOM CONFIGURATION *ADDITIONAL INPUT REQUIRED -COM BACNET/MODBUS COMMUNICATION -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -LCD LCD DISPLAY -NIST NIST CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
- Quick Start Guide IEF
- Discontinued IEFS Instruction Bulletin
- BACnet / Modbus® - Operating Instructions IEF
- Full Instruction Manual IEF
Product Data Sheet
- Are there any proven results?
- No data available currently, but we are working with an outside lab to obtain this data.
- Is there a lockout feature to prevent setup changes?
- Yes there is a switch that can be activated to ensure complete lockout of the display.
- Is there an adjustable BACnet baud rate?
- Yes, baud rates 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps are selectable via the display.
- Do you go down to 2” pipe size?
- The current minimum pipe size is 3” given customer configuration set up
- Is there BTU calculation?
- In process with a first quarter 2019 release estimate.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.