Series EFS2 Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor
No Moving Parts, Durable, Easy Installation & Maintenance, 1 to 12" Pipe (25 to 305 mm)
The SERIES EFS2 Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor is designed for pipe sizes from 1 to 12" and comes in three different materials (stainless steel, brass and PVC). There are a variety of custom fittings to choose from to ensure accurate fitting in the pipe. The Series EFS2 is useful for any applications where moving parts would be a problem, such as dirty liquids. It can handle applications where there are rapid changes in viscosity and flow. Other applications include small pipes and chemical metering pumps.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
The EFS2 is a liquid flow meter that uses the conductivity of fluids to measure flow rate. Liquid flow through its magnetic field produces a voltage that is measured and translated into an output signal. It has a pulse frequency output which can be used with the Series RTI to indicate flow rate and total, as well as the Series BAT signal converter which provides an analog signal.
• Series BAT, Blind Analog Transmitter, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output. Unit is loop powered, fits on the enclosure of the meter, and is fields spannable.
• Series RTI2, Rate Total Indicator, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output with local flow rate and totalization display. Unit is loop powered, can fit on the enclosure of the meter, and provides a high/low flow alarm.
• Series PWD, Pulse Divider, for use with pacing electronic metering pumps. Unit divides the input frequency to any number from 1 to 9999 with the use of rotary switches to suit a number of metering pump inputs.
- Contaminated liquid flow monitoring
- Flow of conductive liquids
- Water & wastewater treatment
- Industrial systems
- Irrigation applications
- Telemetry applications
Models & Ordering
- Compatible clean or dirty non-coating, conductive liquids.
- 0.28 to 20 ft/s (0.08 to 6.09 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Sensor: 316 SS, brass or PVC;
Electrodes: Hastelloy®, metal;
Electrode Cap: PVDF;
O-ring: EPDM (fluoroelastomer optional).
- ±1% FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: Brass/SS: 32 to 200°F (0 to 93°C);
PVC: 32 to 130°F (0 to 55°C);
Ambient: 0 to 160°F (-17 to 72°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- Brass/SS: 200 psi (13.8 bar);
PVC: 150 psi (10 bar).
- Process Connection:
- See Series EFF.
- Current sinking, square wave pulse, opto-isolated, 550 Hz @ 20 ft/s.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 25 VDC @ 250 mA; (12 to 25 VDC @ 40 mA (max. 250 mA) - LOP option).
- Electrical Connection:
- Terminal block.
- 20 microSiemens/cm.
- Enclosure Material:
- Housing: Die-cast powder-coated aluminum.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- 3 lb (1361 g).
- Long life cycle and less frequent maintenance with no moving parts to wear or break and electrodes that discourage fouling
- Unaffected by change in temperature, density, viscosity or concentration
- Pulse output for use with a variety of displays and controllers for remote reading
- Easy meter mount display and transmitter accessories for local indication and analog 4 to 20 mA output
|EXAMPLE||EFS2||1||P||RFO||Series EFS2-1P-RFO Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor|
|SERIES||EFS2||Insertion Electromagnetic Flow Sensor|
|1 to 3 inch pipe
4 to 10 inch pipe
12 in pipe
Reverse flow output
- EFS2 flow meter in PVC. Is this NSF rated?
- The EFS2 does not have an NSF rating.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.