Series IEFB Insertion Thermal Energy Meter
Field Adjustable, BACnet/Modbus® Outputs
The Series IEFB is a field-adjustable insertion thermal energy meter that uses electromagnetic technology to accurately and reliably measure fluid velocity and energy consumption. The high accuracy IEFB is adjustable to fit pipe sizes from 4 to 10" (100 to 250 mm), while the standard accuracy IEFB fits pipe sizes 4 to 36" (100 to 900 mm). The IEFB incorporates a temperature meter and a calculator into a single unit. The LCD display provides clear readings of the meter’s values, including temperature and energy consumption, making it ideal for installation on chillers, boilers, and other heating and cooling applications. The high measuring accuracy and long lifetime keeps annual operating costs at a minimum. In addition, it offers several output options, including selectable BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communications protocol over 2-wire RS-485 and standard analog, frequency, and alarm outputs.
- Monitoring chiller cooling output performance
- Industrial boiler heating performance
- Energy efficiency monitoring
- Optimization of heat energy performance
- Commercial and residential heat energy consumption and metering
- District heating and cooling monitoring
- Energy cost allocation monitoring
Models & Ordering
- Compatible clean or dirty non coating, conductive liquids.
- 0 to 20 ft/s (0 to 6 m/s). *For max flowrates >10 ft/s (3 m/s) order option -CC.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body shaft/fitting: 316 SS; Electrodes: 316 SS; Electrode cap: Polymer/polystyrene; O-ring: Silicone; Thermowells: 304 SS.
- BTU Accuracy:
- Per EN1434/ASTM E3137/CSA C900.1-13: High Accuracy Units: Class 2 for 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s)**; Standard Accuracy Units: Class 3 for 6.5 to 20 ft/s (2 to 6 m/s)**.
**Verified at standard temperature 73.4°F (23°C) refer to listed standards for detailed accuracy formulations.
- Flow Sensor Accuracy:
- High Accuracy Units: ±0.5% of reading at calibrated velocity, ±1% of reading from 2 to 20 ft/s (0.6 to 6 m/s) ±0.02 ft/s (±0.006 m/s) at < 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s); Standard Accuracy Units: ±1% FS.
- Temperature Accuracy:
- Class B ±(0.30 + 0.005*t)°C per EN60751.
- Differential Temperature Accuracy:
- Et = ±[0.5 +3*(Delta)(Theta)min/(Delta)(Theta)] % per EN1434 for differential temperature.
- Calculator Accuracy:
- Ec = ±[0.5 +(Delta)(Theta)min/(Delta)(Theta)] % per EN1434.
- Temperature Compensation:
- 140 to 220°F (60 to 104.4°C) < 2% error over ±30°F (-1.1 °C) change, 40 to 70°F (4.4 to 21.1°C) < 2% error over ±10°F (-12.2°C) change.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -20 to 160°F (-29 to 71°C)**; LCD -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C); Process: 15 to 250°F (-9 to 121°C); Storage: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Process Connection:
- Flowmeter: 1" NPT or BSPT with accessory full port ball valve options; Thermowell: (2) 1/2" NPT or BSPT thermowell with 1" full port ball valve options.
- Pressure Limit:
- 400 psi (27.6 bar) @ 100°F (37.8°C).
- Pressure Drop:
- < 0.1 psi at 12 ft/s in 4" (<0.01 bar at 3.7 m/s in 100 mm) and larger pipe.
- (1) Analog: 4-20 mA, 0-5 V, 0-10 V or 2-10 V (display selectable); (1) Pulse/Frequency: 0-15 V peak pulse, 0 to 500 Hz or scalable pulse output (display selectable); (2) Alarm: Empty pipe detection or minimum/maximum velocity, (display selectable) & Reverse flow output indication.
- Power Requirements:
- 12-42 VDC, .25 A @ 24 VDC; 12-36 VAC.
- Electrical Connection:
- Removable terminal blocks, (2) model selectable 1/2" female NPT conduit connection, (2) PG 16 gland or (2) PG 16 gland with 10 ft (3 m) 9 conductor 22 AWG plenum rated cables, accessory cable lengths up to 200 ft (61 m) optional.
- (-LCD option): 2 x 2" (50 x 50 mm) graphic LCD with backlight.
- >20 microsiemens.
- Enclosure Material:
- Powder coated die cast aluminum.
- Enclosure Ratings:
- NEMA 6P (IP68) (Non display models); NEMA 4X (IP66) (-LCD option).
- Agency Approvals:
- COMMUNICATIONS (-COM OPTION)
- BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU communication protocol (default disabled, display selectable).
- Supported Baud Rates:
- 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, or 115200 bps (display selectable).
- Device Load:
- 1/8 unit load.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Most popular plastic and metal pipes; i.e. Carbon steel, SS, copper, UPVC/PVDF, galvanized steel, mild steel, and brass.
- Applicable Pipe Size::
- 4 to 36" (100 to 900 mm), model dependent. See model chart.
- Diameter Length Requirements:
- >10 upstream, >5 downstream.
- Temperature Resistance:
- Matched 4 wire platinum RTD’s.
- Relative Humidity:
- 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Output Impedance:
- 4 to 20 mA: 536 Ω; 5V: 500 Ω 10V: 1.27k Ω.
- Flexible, field configurable setup displays (-LCD integral option or remote accessory A-IEF-DSP) accommodate a variety of application configurations. Application information is display selectable and includes pipe size, pipe material, liquid type, analog output, pulse/frequency output, alarm outputs, communication, outputs, damping, and calibration factor
- High performance accuracy is maintained through changes in temperature, density and/or viscosity
- The Setup Wizard and installation tool are simple to use, providing quick and precise installation
- Accessory setup kit A-IEF-KIT comes with a thickness gage and measuring tape to ensure exact installation depth
- The meter has no moving parts and electrodes that discourage fouling, which gives the meter a long lifecycle and minimizes the need for maintenance
- Hot-tap isolation valve accessories allow for easy installation and removal in operational systems without system downtime
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-IEF-KIT||Set up kit, includes: set up display, measuring tape, universal power adapter for high accuracy installation and UTG thickness gage.||Next Day||$1,000.00||Order|
|A-IEF-DSP||Setup display for field configuring non-display models.||Next Day||$550.00||Order|
|A-IEF-VLV-BR||1-1/4? full port isolation valve brass kit. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||Next Day||$260.00||Order|
|A-IEF-VLV-SS||1-1/4" full port isolation valve, 316SS kit.||Next Day||$520.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-100||Plenum rated cable 100' (30 m).||1-2 Weeks||$170.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-150||Plenum rated cable 150' (45 m).||1-2 Weeks||$250.00||Order|
|A-IEF-CBL-50||Plenum rated cable 50' (15.2 m).||1-2 Weeks||$85.00||Order|
|A-IEF-FDSP-RM||Full functional remote display for use with Series IEF.||Next Day||$750.00||Order|
|A-IEF-IDSP-RM||Indicating remote display for use with Series IEF.||1-2 Weeks||$500.00||Order|
|A-IEF-INGD||Installation guide/alignment kit, includes: alignment scale body, 2 rods and 2 thumbscrews.||1-2 Weeks||$100.00||Order|
|A-IEF-LCD||LCD display to retrofit non-display models.||Next Day||$250.00||Order|
|A-IEF-LID||Replacement blank lid, gasket and (4) screws.||Next Day||$60.00||Order|
|A-IEF-LKOUT||Lock-out kit, includes: 4 specialty through hole screws for tamper evident locking of the display.||1-2 Weeks||$30.00||Order|
|A-IEF-MSTP||Measuring tape used for circumference of the pipe.||1-2 Weeks||$60.00||Order|
|A-IEF-TAG||Meter tag, clear envelope tag for adding field configured information to unit.||1-2 Weeks||$10.00||Order|
|A-IEF-VLV-BR-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, incl carbon steel 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, BSPT valve, BSPT threaded nipple with a BSPT threadolet, all brass. (Brass fittings and pipe not for use with NSF Certified models. Brass valves are non-RoHS compliant.)||Next Day||$260.00||Order|
|A-IEF-VLV-SS-BSPT||Isolation valve kit, includes 316SS 1" to 1-1/4" BSPT bushing, 316SS BSPT valve, 316SS BSPT threaded nipple with a 316SS BSPT threadolet.||Next Day||$520.00||Order|
|UTG||Ultrasonic Thickness Gage||Next Day||$269.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-VLV-BR-1||(2) 1" NPT full port isolation valve, brass for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||Next Day||$175.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-VLV-BR-1-BSPT||(2) 1" BSPT full port isolation valve, brass for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||Next Day||$175.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-VLV-SS-1||(2) 1" NPT full port isolation valve, 316SS for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||Next Day||$350.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-VLV-SS-1-BSPT||(2) 1" BSPT full port isolation valve, 316SS for temperature sensor with 1" branch outlet and 1" nipple||Next Day||$350.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-THW-6||(2) 1/2" NPT, 6" thermowell for 8-14" pipe||Next Day||$26.00||Order|
|A-IEFB-THW-4||(2) 1/2" NPT, 4" thermowell for 4-7" pipe||Next Day||$26.00||Order|
IEFB-XX-X-X-OPT IEFB INSERTION ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY SYSTEM 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY H HIGH ACCURACY 4",6",8",10" PIPE (1% OF READING) F HIGH ACCURACY 4" PIPE (1% OF READING) I HIGH ACCURACY 6" PIPE (1% OF READING) E HIGH ACCURACY 8" PIPE (1% OF READING) T HIGH ACCURACY 10" PIPE (1% OF READING) S STANDARD ACCURACY (1% FULL SCALE) L 4" to < 10" PIPE (1% FS) G 10" to 36" PIPE (1% FS) 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) PROCESS CONNECTION N MALE NPT B MALE BSPT 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) HOUSING ELECTRICAL CONNECTION CND 1/2 IN FEMALE NPT CONDUIT CONNECTION W/O CABLE PG PG GLAND W/O CABLE 10 PG GLAND W/ 10 FT CABLE 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) TEMPERATURE SENSORS T10 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/10' CABLE T20 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/20' CABLE T50 TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/50' CABLE R10 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/10' CABLE R20 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/20' CABLE R50 HOT TAP THERMOWELL TEMP SENSOR ASSEMBLY W/50' CABLE OPTIONS (OPT) -CC CUSTOM CONFIGURATION *ADDITIONAL INPUT REQUIRED -COM BACNET/MODBUS COMMUNICATION -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -LCD LCD DISPLAY -NIST NIST CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
Product Data Sheet
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.