Series PDWS Paddlewheel Flow Sensor
Low Friction Bearings, Long Life, 1/2 to 8" Pipe (12.7 to 203 mm)
The Series PDWS Insertion Paddlewheel Flowmeters are designed for pipe size ranges from 1/2 to 8" with available materials of brass, stainless steel, PVC, and polypropylene. The Series PDWS is intended to be used with the Series PWF, a wide variety of custom tee, saddle, or welded fittings that come in bronze, PVC, and stainless steel.
PRINCIPLE OF OPERATION
Uses the rotation of an impeller to measure flow. Liquid flow pushes the rotor and the rotation is detected by a Hall-effect sensor. The output is a current sinking pulse signal that can be connected to the Series RTI to display flow rate and total, or to the Series BAT for a 4 to 20 mA analog signal.
• Series BAT, Blind Analog Transmitter, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output. Unit is loop powered, fits on the enclosure of the meter, and is fields spannable.
• Series RTI2, Rate Total Indicator, converts pulse output to 4 to 20 mA analog output with local flow rate and totalization display. Unit is loop powered, can fit on the enclosure of the meter, and provides a high/low flow alarm.
• Series PWD, Pulse Divider, for use with pacing electronic metering pumps. Unit divides the input frequency to any number from 1 to 9999 with the use of rotary switches to suit a number of metering pump inputs.
- Industrial water & wastewater treatment
- Cooling water monitoring
- Industrial fluid control
- Chemical proportioning
- Fluctuating fluid conductivity applications
Models & Ordering
- Compatible clean liquids.
- 0.3 to 30 ft/s (0.09 to 9.14 m/s).
- Wetted Materials:
- Sensor: Brass, 316 SS, PVC, or polypropylene; Rotor: PVDF; Shaft: Nickel-bonded tungsten carbide (ceramic optional); Bearings: Ruby jewel; O-Ring: EPDM (fluoroelastomer optional).
- ±1.5% FS.
- Temperature Limits:
- Brass, 316 SS: 200°F (93°C); PVC, Polypropylene: 130°F (55°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- Brass: 200 psi (14 bar); 316 SS: 250 psi (17 bar); PVC, polypropylene: 175 psi (12 bar) @ 75°F (24°C); High pressure option: 400 psi (28 bar) (SS only).
- Process Connection:
- See catalog page.
- Current sinking, square wave pulse, opto-isolated.
- Power Requirements:
- 6 to 24 VDC, 2 mA (max. 20 mA).
- Electrical Connection:
- #22 AWG, 3 conductor, 18' (5.5 m) cable (max. 2000' run).
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- 2 lb (907 g).
- The bearings are made from ruby jewel to reduce the coefficient of friction and maintain high accuracy
- PVC and polypropylene body material offers resistance against corrosive media
|SERIES||PDWS||Insertion Paddlewheel Flow Sensor|
1-1/2 to 3 inch pipe
4 to 8 inch pipe
316 Stainless steel
High pressure option
Metering pump 4-pin connector
Metering pump 5-pin connector
3-pin control connector
Note: Need to purchase with Series PWF fitting for proper installation.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.