Series PUB Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter Kit
Portable and Non-Invasive
The Series PUB & PUF Portable Ultrasonic Flowmeter Kits utilize the transit-time difference for measuring flow rates in pipes non-invasively. They are compact and lightweight instruments incorporating the latest electronics and signal processing technologies, realizing high performance and easy operation. These devices are perfect for on-the-go flow monitoring, capable of 20 hours continuous operation with built-in, rechargeable battery. The PUB comes with a rugged carrying case with molded foam inserts while the PUF boasts an IP67 rated case to hold and protect all equipment conveniently. Their screens offer easy to read text with convenient backlight for visual comfort. The efficient layout of the function keys adds to these units’ easy to use programming. These series offer analog as well as a pulsed outputs.
PRINCIPLES OF OPERATION
Two sensors are placed on the exterior of the pipe, and each transmits an ultrasonic pulse through the pipe and fluid to the other. The velocity of the liquid flowing through the pipes causes the pulse to accelerate or decelerate. The difference in the transit times of the two pulses is used to calculate the flow rate. The use of transit time allows the flowmeter to be unaffected by pressure or temperature changes.
Calibration Option available under Accessories.
- Treated Water
- River Water
- Potable Water
- Demineralized Water
- Glycol/water mix
- Hydraulic System
- Diesel Oil
- Sea Water
Models & Ordering
- Homogeneous liquids that do not contain air bubbles capable of ultrasonic wave propagation.
- Lemo connector cable from sensors.
- 0.33 to 65.62 ft/s (0.1 to 20 m/s).
- 240 x 64 pixel graphic display, high contrast black on white with backlight; Languages: English, French, German, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Norwegian, and Dutch; 5.2" W x 1.5" H.
- ±0.5 to 2% of flow reading for flow rate > 0.66 ft/s (0.2 m/s) and pipe ID > 2.95" (75 mm); ±3% of flow reading for flow rate > 0.66 ft/s (0.2 m/s) and pipe ID in range 0.512 to 2.95" (13 to 75 mm); ±6% of flow reading for flow rate < 0.66 ft/s (0.2 m/s).
- Power Requirements:
- 9 to 24 VDC, (1) 5-Cell NiMH battery, internal, factory replaceable (continuous operation time: 20 hours with back-light and output off) (recharging time: 6.5 hours, power adapter used).
- Power Consumption:
- 10.5 W.
- Power Adapter:
- 110/240 VAC adapter. UK, US, European adapters included.
- Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 275°F (-20 to 135°C).
- Analog: 1 opto-isolated output: 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 16 mA or 0 to 20 mA (selectable); Error current: 0 to 26 mA (selectable); Load resistance: 620 Ω max;
Pulse: 1 opto-isolated MOSFET relay, 150 mA max, 500 pps max, 200 Hz max.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Converter: IP54; Transducers: IP51.
- Flame retardant injection molded ABS plastic.
- ±0.5 % of measured value or ±0.066 ft/s (0.02 m/s).
- Electrical Connections:
- Multi-pin Lemo plugs.
- < 3% by volume of particulate content.
- Permissible Air Content:
- < 3% by volume.
- Response Time:
- < 500 ms.
- Unit without accessories: 2.3 lb (1.06 kg); Unit with accessories in carrying case: 13.23 lb (6.0 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Carbon steel, SS, copper, UPVC/PVDF, concrete, galvanized steel, mild steel, glass, brass.
- Applicable Pipe Lining:
- Rubber, glass, concrete, epoxy, steel, other*.
- Pipe Wall Thickness:
- 0.04 to 3" (1 to 75 mm).
- Pipe Lining Thickness:
- < 1" (< 25 mm).
- *Selectable option for special material with known propagation rate of the lining material.
- Kit Includes:
- Set of Transducers
- Transducer Holders
- Set Transducer Cables (6.56' (2 m))
- 4 to 20 mA Communication Cables
- 12 VDC Power Supply
- Ultrasonic Coupling Grease
- Set of Chains
- Ruled Guide Rail
- Test Block
- Carrying Case
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Code||Order|
|NISTCAL-FU||NIST traceable calibration certificate for ultrasonic flowmeters. NOTE: EQUAL CERTS WILL BE CHARGED PER UNITS PURCHASED.||2-3 Weeks||$309.00||N||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.