Series UBT Clamp-On Ultrasonic Thermal Energy Meter
NEMA 4 Enclosure with Integral Mounting Bracket
The Series UBT Clamp-On Ultrasonic Thermal Energy Meter is an economical clamp-on ultrasonic heat meter. It is an ultrasonic alternative to the traditional inline thermal energy meters. The series uses temperature sensors for energy measurement and ultrasonic waves with time differentials for flow measurement.
- Building services
- Energy management
- Heat/energy metering for energy management or building services utilizing chilled water circuits
Models & Ordering
- Clean water with <3% by volume of particulate content, or up to 30% ethylene glycol.
- 0.3 ft/s to 32 ft/s (0.1 m/s to 10 m/s).
- Backlit: 2.28" x 0.43" (58 mm x 11 mm), 2 line x 16 characters.
- ±3% of flow reading for velocity rate >1 ft/s (0.3 m/s).
- Power Requirements:
- 12 V to 24 V ±10% AC/DC at 7 watts per unit. Optional plug-in 12 V power supply.
- Power Consumption:
- 7 W (DC) or 7 VA (AC) max.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: 32 to 185°F (0 to 85°C); Ambient: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Pulse: 1 opto-isolated MOSFET relay, 500 mA max, 166 pps max, 200 Hz max.
- Humidity Limit:
- 90% RH at 122°F (50°C) max.
- Pulse, optional Modbus® communication.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Enclosure Material:
- Plastic polycarbonate.
- ±0.15% of measured value.
- Electrical Connections:
- 16.4' (5 m) cable.
- Flow Direction:
- Mounting Orientations:
- 1.10 lb (0.5 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- ADDITIONAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Applicable Pipe Material:
- Steel, SS, copper, or plastic.
- Pipe Outside Diameter:
- 3/4 to 4" (25 to 115 mm); 5 to 7" (125 to 180 mm). Pipe size is dependent on pipe material and internal diameter.
- Applicable Pipe Lining:
- Pipe Wall Thickness:
- 0.02 to 0.36" (0.5 to 10 mm).
- Non-invasive energy measurement
- Easy installation: Simply connect power and enter the pipe inside diameter, adjust the sensors and clamp the meter on the pipe
- Compact and lightweight design, featuring an easily installed, all-in-one clamp-on unit intended for homogeneous liquids that contain no air
- Screen displays energy rate and totalized energy with pulse output and communication options
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.