Series UXF2 Ultrasonic Flow Converter
Excellent Performance and Easy Operation
Series UXF2 Ultrasonic Flow Converters are paired with Series SX3 detectors in order to utilize the transit-time measuring method. Two ultrasonic sensors are mounted on the pipe exterior, and each transmits an ultrasonic pulse to the opposite sensor. The difference in the transit times of the two waves is used to calculate the flow velocity. This meter is a clamp-on type ultrasonic flowmeter for permanent use and is ideal for clean liquids containing no air bubbles such as pure water. The easy-to-use compact and lightweight design is intended for integration into mechanical devices. The adoption of a sound velocity measurement system, which calculates sound velocity from the transit time, keeps the flowmeter unaffected by the temperature and the pressure of the fluid to be measured. Additionally, with the use of a high-speed transit time processor, the system cycle is 0.2 seconds and applicable to short batch processes.
Calibration Option available under Accessories.
- Monitor flow rate of heating and cooling water.
- Monitor flow rate as part of BTU calculations.
Models & Ordering
- Clean liquids that pass ultrasound and do not contain air bubbles (such as pure water and chemical solution).
- BNC connector, coaxial cable from sensor.
- 0 to ±32.8 fps (0 to ±10 m/s).
- 2-color LED (Normal: green, Abnormal: red), LCD with 2 lines of 16 characters and back light, Languages: English, Japanese, French, German, or Spanish.
- See Series SX3.
- Power Requirement:
- 100 to 120 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, or 200 to 240 VAC ±10% 50/60 Hz, or 20 to 30 VDC.
- Power Consumption:
- 15 VA or less for AC power supply, 5W or less for DC power supply.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient 122°F (50°C).
- Analog: 4 to 20 mA DC, 1 point; Digital: Open Collector: 1 point; Relay Contact: 1 point.
- Serial Communications:
- RS- 232C or RS-485.
- Enclosure Rating:
- Plastic ABS.
- Electrical Connections:
- Screw terminals.
- Wall or pipe mount.
- 1.8 lb (0.8 kg).
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy operation by external keypads
- Plastic housing with IP65 rating
- Communication and Synchronization options available
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Code||Order|
|NISTCAL-FU||NIST traceable calibration certificate for ultrasonic flowmeters. NOTE: EQUAL CERTS WILL BE CHARGED PER UNITS PURCHASED.||2-3 Weeks||$300.00||N||Order|
- We have purchased a UXF2 Flowmeter. Is there a way to connect the flowmeter to a laptop and run a program to collect data in a spreadsheet? If so, would you be able to provide the required information and program/software.
- To communicate to a laptop with the series UXF2, you would need a model that comes with either RS-232C or RS-485 serial communication. Further instructions regarding the serial communication can be found in the manual starting on page 85. The full service manual can be found on this web page under Literature.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.