Series DR Direct Reading Glass Flowmeters
65 mm and 150 mm, Interchangeable Flowtubes, Direct Reading Scales
The Series DR Direct Read Variable Area Glass Flowmeters are ideal for the direct flow measurement of air, water, and other commonly used gases. These flowmeters are designed with direct read scales with no need for correlation charts. They feature borosilicate glass tubes in 150 mm or 65 mm scales with aluminum and SS metering valve options.
Flowmeters are shipped completely assembled and include standard panel mounting hardware for quick installation.
Note: If you require a calibration certificate with your flowmeter, please contact customer service to place your order.
- Film processing
- Paper manufacturing
- Chemical processing
- Semiconductor industry
- Water and air pollution analysis equipment
- Metals processing
- Industrial fuel and energy conservation
- Cylinder gas metering
- General laboratory and industrial applications
Models & Ordering
- Compatible gases or liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Flowtube: Borosilicate glass; Float: 316 SS (black glass as indicated); Float stops: PTFE; End fittings: Anodized aluminum or 316 SS; O-rings: Buna-N on aluminum models and fluoroelastomer on SS models.
- Temperature Limits:
- 250°F (121°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 250 psig (17 bar).
- ±5% FS @ 70°F (21.1°C) and 14.7 psia (1 atm absolute).
- ±0.25% of scale reading.
- Direct reading 65 mm or 150 mm scales for air or water.
- Turn-down ratio:
- 1/8" female NPT.
- 6-turn needle (standard on models with valve).
- Permanently fused ceramic scale with vertical locator line, reflective lens background and 1.5 X magnification lens reduces parallax and eye fatigue saving time
- Long operating life with thick polycarbonate front shield that protects tube from breakage and serves as a magnifying lens to enhance reading resolution
- Optional needle valve for flow rate control eliminating the need for a separate valve reducing cost
- Increased protection with included safety blow-out back panel for added safety
- I am looking to use an "Air" flowmeter RMA-6-SSV to monitor CO2 flow. I am wondering if there are are any concerns or correction factors I need to apply.
- A specific gravity correction factor will need to be considered when monitoring other gases with a meter calibrated for air. The correction factor equation is as follows:
Q2=Q1 x sqrt (1/S.G.)
Where: Q1= Observed Flowmeter reading
Q2= Standard Flow Corrected for Specific Gravity
1= Specific Gravity of Air or Water
S.G.= Specific Gravity of media being used in flowmeter originally calibrated for air or water.
This equation can be found in the beginning of the Flow section in the catalog. Alternatively, special ranges and scales can be provided; for specific information please contact our customer service department.
For further information, see our "Tech & Specs" Video Blog: Fix your Flow... Specific Gravity and Pressure Corrections for Variable Area Flowmeters (Episode 4), in Dwyer's Video Library.
- Will a DR4244 show an accurate measurement of flow with Methane or is there a converstion We need to use?
- The scale on the DR direct reading flow meters is in millimeters. Therefore, they will come with a conversion chart to convert from millimeters to flow rate for air and water. You will then need to correct that chart to be used for Methane by correcting for the difference in specific gravity. These flow meters can be used to accurately measure the flow of Methane though.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.