Model CLS1 Capacitance Level Switch
For Solids, Liquids or Slurries, Fail-Safe Protection, <1 pF Sensitivity
Model CLS1 Capacitance Level Switch provides reliable point level measurement of solids, liquids and slurries in metallic or non-metallic tanks and vessels. Model CLS1 detects the presence or absence of material in contact with the probe by sensing a change in the capacitance. Electronics provide highly sensitive measurement detection (requires less than a 1 picofarad shift from ambient). State of the art technology ignores material build-up on the vessel sidewall or along the probe assembly. One time calibration is simple with a single multi-turn potentiometer. Red LED on housing indicates sensor status. Unit features an adjustable 1-30 second time delay and a 5 amp, SPDT fail-safe relay output. Model CLS1 can be mounted vertically or horizontally.
- High or low level detection in bins, silos, tanks, hoppers, chutes and other vessels where liquids, solids or slurries are stored.
Models & Ordering
- Solids, liquids, or slurries.
- Wetted Material:
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: -40 to 240°F (-40 to 116°C); Ambient: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C).
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP56), PVC, dust tight, water resistant.
- Switch Type:
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 250 VAC.
- Power Requirements:
- 120 VAC, 1.5 VA.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- 1" male NPS.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Vertical or horizontal.
- Adjustable to <1 pF.
- Switch selectable, high/low.
- Time Delay:
- Adjustable 1 to 30 s.
- 2.0 lb (0.91 kg).
- Electronics provide highly sensitive measurement detection (requires less than a 1 picofarad shift from ambient)
- State of the art technology ignores material build-up on the vessel sidewall or along the probe assembly
- One time calibration is simple with a single multi-turn potentiometer
- Red LED on housing indicates sensor status
- Adjustable 1-30 second time delay and a 5 A, SPDT fail-safe relay output
- Added installation flexibility with vertically or horizontally mounting
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.