Series CLS2 Capacitive Level Switch
Powder, Bulk, or Liquids, Auto-Calibration
The Series CLS2 Capacitive Level Switch is a capacitive technology level switch which can be used for liquids, powders and bulk materials. It is offered with PVDF and 316 SS wetted material, weatherproof enclosure, DPDT output and a variety of process connections.
- Sewage and wastewater
- Food and beverage
- Boilers and steam generators
- Caustics and acids
Models & Ordering
- Liquids, powder and bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:
- 316 SS and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF).
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C), -4 to 185°F (-20 to
85°C) with under 24 VAC/DC power supply;
Process: -40 to 250°F (-40 to 121°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 365 psi (25 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Weatherproof, NEMA 4X.
- Switch Type:
- DPDT (two form C).
- Electrical Rating:
- 8 A @ 120/240 VAC res., 30 VDC. 1/2 hp @ 120 VAC and 1/4 hp @ 240 VAC ind.
- Power Requirements:
- 12 to 240 VAC/DC.
- Power Consumption:
- 2.8 Watts max.
- Electric Connections:
- 1/2" NPT conduit opening, screw termination and removable terminal block.
- Process Connection:
- See Catalog Page.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Vertical or horizontal.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Trips when product touches probe. Cut or extend probe to length of desired trip point. Can be cut as short a 1" and can be extended by welding on to probe. (Minimum length will be effected by material being sensed.)
- Response Time:
- 0.2 s.
- Time Delay:
- Adjustable, 0 to 60 s.
- Spark/Static Protection:
- 10 MEG Ohm dissipation resistance with spark gap. Surge current to 100A max.
- 8 selectable settings, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 20 pF (at 30 pF nominal free capacitance).
- Agency Approvals:
- Automatic Calibration: No need to turn calibration pots, just push the calibration button. The CLS2 even has an external magnet to activate the calibration without having to open the enclosure.
- Universal Power Supply: One model works from 12 to 240 VAC/DC without any jumpers or settings.
- Coat Guard: Unit is not affected by sticky, dusty, or clingy materials that coat or build up on the probe preventing false alarms.
- Failsafe Setting: Output switches can be set for Normally Open or Normally Closed condition on loss of power.
- Status Indication: Ultra high brightness external red LED switch status indicator, and internal indicators for power, sensor, and switch status that can be seen externally with window cap option (external LED on weatherproof model only).
- Time Delay: Prevent false alarms from material splashing, agitation, etc.
- Removable Terminals: Removable terminal block snaps in and out enabling easy wiring outside of the enclosure.
- No Moving Parts: Permitting for no jams, no wear, nothing to break, and no maintenance.
- Impulse RF: Admittance measurement combined with an active guard, provides excellent level measurement and stability while being insensitive to material buildup.
- Immune To: External RF sources like walkie-talkies and cell phones as well as minimal interference with radio communication or other electronic systems.
- Can Be Used For: Liquid interface applications to detect the level of two immiscible liquids that have different dielectric constants such as oil and water.
- Wetted Materials: PVDF and 316 SS assure great chemical compatibility and meet food grade requirements.
|EXAMPLE||CLS2||W||1||1||R||K||1||024||M20||Series CLS2-W11RK1-024-M20 Capacitive Level Switch, weatherproof enclosure, DPDT, 12-250 VAC/DC power supply, Kynar bright white insulation, 3/4" male NPT, 24" insertion length, M20 conduit connection with cable gland.|
|SERIES||CLS2||Capacitive Level Switch|
Explosion-proof (UL and CSA)
|POWER SUPPLY||1||12-250 VAC/DC|
|Standard Rod, 316SS, 0.375 Diameter
Threaded Rod, 316SS, 0.375 Diameter
Cable, 316SS with Weight
|Kynar Bright White
|3/4" Male NPT
1" Male NPT
1-1/2" Male NPT
1-1/2" Sanitary Clamp
2" Sanitary Clamp
|PROBE LENGTH||XXX||Insertion Length in Inches. Example: 024 is 24" length. (Minimum length is 6".)|
|M20 Conduit Connection with Cable Gland
Product Data Sheet
- What are the two dry product level switch model types? What ranges do they cover? How are they adjusted? How many set-points do they have?
- GSD3DA - gravity (elastomer) suspension, aluminum housing, polyurethane diaphragm, standard 15 amp switch. PSD16A - pneumatic (fabric), suspension, aluminum housing, filter fabric diaphragm, polyester 150 micron permeability, standard 15 amp switch. They can be adjusted to any level. They are adjusted by a screw adjustment. One setpoint available. For additional options, you could look at our CLS2 Series Capacitive Level Switch, TFLS Series Tuning Fork Level Switch, PLS and PLS2 Series Paddle Level Switches.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.