Series NCS-10 Through Wall Capacitive Sensor
Non-Contact, Thin Profile Level Sensor
Series NCS-10 Through Wall Capacitive Sensor features a thin profile with a sensing distance of 10 mm non-flush mounted. The switching points can be altered by means of the push-button teach-in function. 3-wire DC output with selectable make (NO) or break (NC) switching and NPN Alarm. The NCS-10 is designed for front, pipe or plane mounting. Capacitive sensors can detect metallic as well as nonmetallic objects; however, their traditional use is for non-metallic materials such as: plastics industry, chemical industry, wood industry, ceramic and glass industry, and packing industry.
Models & Ordering
- Solids, liquids, or slurries.
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating temperature: -20 to 80ºC (-4 to 176ºF); Storage temperature: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85ºC).
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP68).
- Power Requirements:
- 10 to 30 VDC (ripple incl.).
- Switch Type:
- NPN or PNP.
- Electrical Rating:
- 200 mA (continuous).
- Rated Operating Distance (Sn):
- 0.39" (10 mm)
- Sensing Range:
- 0.039 – 0.39" (1 – 10 mm) (factory set at 10 mm).
- Sensitivity Effective Operating Distance (Sr):
- Adjustable (teach-in) 0.9 x Sn ≤Sr ≤1.1 x Sn.
- Usable Operating Distance (Su):
- 0.8 x Sr ≤Su ≤1.2 x Sr.
- Depending on teach-in.
- No-load Supply Current:
- ≤12 mA.
- Voltage Drop:
- ≤2.5 VDC @ max. load.
- Short-circuit, reverse polarity, transients.
- Frequency of Operating Cycles:
- 10 Hz.
- For output ON: LED, Yellow; For safe/unsafe: LED, Green.
- Cable: Black, 6.5 ft (2 m), 4 x 0.14 mm² oil proof, PVC.
- 50 g.
- Thin profile capacitive level sensor
- Withstands electrostatic discharge up to 40 KV
- Sensing distance: 0.039-0.39" (1-10 mm)
- Teach-in of sensing distance via push-button or wire-input
- Selectable make or break switching by means of teach-in function
- Protection: short-circuit, transients and reverse polarity
- Alarm output
- Alarm output when operating > 250 mA
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.