Ultra-Mag™ Explosion-proof Level Switch
For Powder & Bulk Solids
The SERIES E, G, & P Ultra-Mag™ is an explosion-proof series of level switches for powder and bulk solids that utilize a unique magnetic linkage and diaphragm design to sense the presence of powder and bulk solids in a variety of bins, vessels, and hoppers.
A choice of either suspension or flange mounting is available to match your application. Flange mounting is the best choice for control of low or intermediate level in vessels containing granular product that does not "bridge", "rathole", or otherwise build up on vessel walls. Choose suspension mounting for high level in vessels and for better operation with "bridging" product.
Note: The mounting configuration is represented by the letter "S" for suspension or "F" for flange which is the second digit in the part number.
- Food and beverage
Models & Ordering
- Compatible powder or bulk solids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Mounting Flange: See Catalog Page. Aluminum or 304 SS. Diaphragm: See Catalog Page. Urethane, Buna-N, PTFE, Silicone Rubber, Polyester, Fluoroelastomer, White Buna-N (food grade), or EPDM.
- Temperature Limits:
- Depends on diaphragm material, see Catalog Page. Standard switch: -40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C), high temperature switch: -40 to 350°F (-40 to 176°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 60 psig (4.14 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- General purpose or weatherproof and explosion-proof. See Catalog Page.
- Switch Type:
- See Catalog Page.
- Electrical Rating:
- See Catalog Page.
- Electrical Connections:
- 18 gage solid core, 600 volt TEW 105°C, style 1015. Epoxy sealed at conduit entrance. 12" (304.8 mm) long.
- Conduit Connection:
- 1/2" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- For flanged models standard is 8-3/8" (212.725 mm) diameter bolt hole circle.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Flange mount or suspend depending on model.
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Internal screw.
- Suspension kits and flange adaptor rings.
- 7 lb (3.18 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- CSA. UL.
- Uses a unique magnetic linkage which isolates the electrical compartment from controlled product, reducing maintenance and improving sensitivity
- Sealed switch compartment and sealed leads yield the exceptionally reliable operation
- A wide selection of diaphragms and switches is available with choices of flange or suspension mounting to fit a specific application
- Extremely sensitive indication and very economical
- Magnetic linkage makes this simple explosion-proof diaphragm switch the most rugged and reliable level control for a variety of products
|EXAMPLE||EX||P||S||D||16||A||A3||Series EXPSD16A-A3 Ultra-Mag™ Level Switch, breathable polyester filter fabric diaphragm, explosion-proof (UL & CSA), suspension mounting, aluminum housing, SPDT, with high sensitivity actuator.|
|Explosion-proof (UL & CSA)
Explosion-proof (CSA only)
|Breathable Diaphragm Ultra-Mag™ Level Switch
Elastomeric Diaphragm Ultra-Mag™ Level Switch
Aluminum, Epoxy Coated
|Urethane, .031" Thick
Urethane, .062" Thick
PTFE/Glass on Silicone Rubber
Silicone Rubber, 50 Durometer
Silicone Rubber on Glass, .032" Thick
Silicone Rubber with Urethane Overlay (A2 option only)
Silicone Rubber on Glass, .015" Thick
Buna-N, Food Grade
Polyester Filter Fabric
High Temperature, SPDT
High Vibration, SPDT
Gold Contacts, SPDT
|Wood Chip Control (6G diaphragm only)
High Sensitivity Actuator
Stainless Steel Tag
- What are the two dry product level switch model types? What ranges do they cover? How are they adjusted? How many set-points do they have?
- GSD3DA - gravity (elastomer) suspension, aluminum housing, polyurethane diaphragm, standard 15 amp switch. PSD16A - pneumatic (fabric), suspension, aluminum housing, filter fabric diaphragm, polyester 150 micron permeability, standard 15 amp switch. They can be adjusted to any level. They are adjusted by a screw adjustment. One setpoint available. For additional options, you could look at our CLS2 Series Capacitive Level Switch, TFLS Series Tuning Fork Level Switch, PLS and PLS2 Series Paddle Level Switches.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.