Series B-190 Single Stage Top Mount Displacer Type Level Control
Fixed or Adjustable Deadband, For Pumps or Alarms
The Series B-190 Liquid Level Switch-Control is a top mount displacer type level
control. They work on the principle that submerged solids weigh less in liquids, and as
the liquid level rises and their weight decreases, the tension on the spring by which
they are suspended is decreased. This Series is offered in a range of cable lengths,
specific gravities, circuit types and enclosure ratings.
Operation: Mercoid® Displacer Controls use displacers that do not float on the surface of liquids, but are suspended on a coil spring. They work on the principle that submerged solids weigh less in liquids, and as the liquid level rises and their weight decreases, the tension on the spring by which they are suspended is decreased. This allows the spring to move the cable and armature upward, actuating the hermetically sealed switches. Because they work on a different principle than float type liquid level controls, displacers are not affected by turbulence, or pressure, and are excellent for applications with viscous or dirty liquids.
Dimensions are based on 316SS displacers with 4" minimum flange type control. All dimensions are approximate and will vary depending on specific gravity, temperature, displacer material and size. Critical dimensions must be verified with the factory before placing order.
Standard Construction: 316SS displacers, 10 foot 316SS cable and stops, 49 125# CI flange: for operation in specific gravities as low as 0.5 and a maximum temperature of 200°F (93°C). For special conditions, other choices include: 316SS displacers: longer cable: monel or hastelloy cable and stops: other flange sizes, materials or pressure ratings, or 3/4" NPT top connection in lieu of flange.
- Pumping stations
- Foaming liquids
- Sanitary/sewage treatment
- Paints & varnishes
- Agitated or turbulent fluids
- Heavy oil refineries
- Chemical plants
- Power generating stations
- Viscous or dirty liquids
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Cable, spring and stops: 316 SS. Optional Inconel® spring; Displacers: 316SS. Optional 304 SS, 316 SS, or carbon graphite.
- Temperature Limits:
- Ambient Temperature: 32 to 200°F (0 to 93°C);Process Temperature: 32 to 200°F (0 to 93°C).
- Pressure Limit:
- 125 psig (8.6 bar). Higher ratings available.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X. Optional general purpose or explosion-proof.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT snap switch, hermetically sealed snap switch, or mercury switch. Optional DPDT or two stage.
- Electrical Rating:
- Snap switch: 12 A @ 120 VAC, 5 A @ 240 VAC, 0.5 A @ 125 VDC resistive, 0.25 A @ 250 VDC resistive; Hermetically sealed snap switch: 5 A @ 120 VAC, 5 A @ 240 VAC, 5 A @ 30 VDC resistive; Mercury switch: 4 A @ 120 VAC/DC, 2 A @ 240 VAC/DC. Higher contact ratings available for the mercury switch.
- Electrical Connections:
- Screw terminal.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connections:
- 4" 125 cast iron flange. Other material, size, and rating flanges are available.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Set Point Adjustment:
- Adjustable by moving displacers, see dimension chart for minimum and maximum values.
- Specific Gravity:
- Standard is 1.0. Specify when ordering by replacing 1.0 in model number with specific gravity setting desired. Settable range is 0.5 to 1.2.
- Cable Length:
- 10 ft (3 m) standard. Optional up to 100 ft (30.5 m).
- General purpose or watertight enclosure with 4" 125# cast iron flange approximately 28 lb (12.7 kg); Explosion-proof or explosion-proof/vapor-proof approximately 32 lb (14.5 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- UL, none on HM switch.
- Inconel® is a registered trademark of Huntington Alloys Corporation.
- Extremely versatile design
- Displacers are suspended on a coil spring and do not float on the surface of liquids and are unaffected by turbulence or pressure
- Excellent for applications with viscous or dirty liquids
|EXAMPLE||A||190||WT||7810||P||A||1.0||1||Series A190-WT-7810-P-A-1.0-2 Top Mounted Single Stage, displacer type liquid level control. Watertight, NEMA-4 enclosure. SPDT snap action switch, fixed deadband 3/4" (19 mm) at 1.0 SG. Max operating temp 200 deg F (93 deg C) with 10' SS cable and 316SS displacers, with 4" 125# cast iron flange.|
|4" Flange or Larger, Fixed Differential
3" Flange, Fixed Differential
4" Flange or Larger, Adjustable Differential
3" Flange, Adjustable Differential
|SERIES||190||Single Stage Top Mount Displacer Type Liquid Level Control|
|See Chart A below
See Chart B below
See Chart B below
See Chart B below
Karbate (A190, B190 only)
Intrf 3-1/2 dia. x 10 (A190, B190 only)
|0.4 S.G. (A190, AA190 only)
0.5 S.G. (A190, AA190 only)
|3" NPT connection
3/4" Screw connection
3" 150# RF carbon steel
4" 150# RF carbon steel
5" 150# RF carbon steel
6" 150# RF carbon steel
8" 150# RF carbon steel
3" 300# RF carbon steel
4" 300# RF carbon steel
5" 300# RF carbon steel
6" 300# RF carbon steel
8" 300# RF carbon steel
3" 150# RF 316SS
4" 150# RF 316SS
5" 150# RF 316SS
6" 150# RF 316SS
8" 150# RF 316SS
3" 300# RF 316SS
4" 300# RF 316SS
5" 300# RF 316SS
6" 300# RF 316SS
8" 300# RF 316SS
SS Tag Wired
Breather Only (E-Housing only)
Drain Only (E-Housing only)
Breather and Drain (E-Housing only)
CHARTS A & B - ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS AND RATINGS
|SWITCH TYPE||SWITCH ACTION||ELECTRICAL RATINGS IN AMPS||ORDERING CODE|
|SPST Open on Level Fall||10||5||3†||10||5||4821|
|SPST Open on Level Rise||10||5||3†||10||5||4820|
|SPDT One switch||4||2||1†||4||5||4810|
|SPDT Two switches E.I.*||10||5||3†||10||5||4815|
|DPST Two switches E.I.* Open on Level Fall||10||5||3†||10||5||4813|
|DPST Two switches E.I.* Open on Level Rise||10||5||3†||10||5||4814|
|DPDT Two SPDT switches||4||2||1†||4||2||4806|
|SPDT One switch||12||5||3†||0.5†||0.25†||7810|
|DPDT Two SPDT switches||12||5||3†||0.5†||0.25†||7806|
|SPDT One hermetically sealed switch||5||5||5†||7810HM|
|DPDT Two hermetically sealed SPDT switches||5||5||5†||7806HM|
|DPDT Two SPDT switches||10||3||10‡||3‡||9806|
|SPDT One switch||10||3||10‡||3‡||9810|
*Electrically Independent; †Resistive; ‡10 amp inductive (polarized) at 125 VDC.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.