Series SBLT2 & SBLTX Submersible Level Transmitter
Perfect for Ground Water and Wells, Lightning Protected or Intrinsically Safe
The Series SBLT2 & SBLTX Submersible Level Transmitters are manufactured for years of trouble free service. These series measure the height of liquid above the position in the tank referenced to atmospheric pressure. The transmitter consists of a piezo resistive sensing element, encased in a 316 SS housing.
- Well monitoring
- Ground water monitoring
- Environmental remediation
- Surface water monitoring
- Down hole
- Water Tanks
Models & Ordering
- Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials:
- Body: 316 SS, 316L SS; Bullet nose: PVC; Cable: Polyether polyurethane or ETFE; Seals: Fluoroelastomer.
- ±0.25% FS.
- Temperature Limit:
- SBLT2: Polyurethane: 0 to 150°F (-18 to 66°C); ETFE: 0 to 200°F (-18 to 93°C); SBLTX -4 to 176°F (-20 to 80°C); Polyurethane: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C).
- Compensated Temperature Range:
- SBLT2: 0 to 140°F (-18 to 60°C); SBLTX: 0 to 176°F (-18 to 80°C).
- Thermal Effect:
- ±0.02% full scale/°F.
- Pressure Limit:
- 2X FS.
- Power Requirement:
- SBLT2: 10 to 30 VDC (≤1000 ft (305 m) of cable); SBLTX: 10 to 28 VDC.
- Output Signal:
- 4 to 20 mA DC, 2-wire.
- Response Time:
- 50 ms.
- Max. Loop Resistance:
- 900 Ω at 30 VDC.
- Electrical Connections:
- Wire pigtail.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Suspended in tank below level being measured.
- Electrical Protection:
- SBLT2: Lightning and surge protection; SBLTX: None.
- 2.2 lb (1.0 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- SBLT2: CE; SBLTX: CE, cULus intrinsically safe for Class I, Div. 1, Groups A, B, C, D; Class II, Div. 1, Groups E, F, G; Class III Div. 1; ATEX: II 1 G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga and II 1 D Ex ia IIIC T135C Da (according to control drawing 001833-43)*.
- *Up to 196´ (59.5 m) for ETFE cable; Up to 333´ (101.5 m) for polyurethane cable
- Slim design for tight applications with bullet nose design which protects the diaphragm from damage
- Incorporates lightning and surge protection utilizing dual arrestor technology, grounded to case, eliminating both power supply surges and lightning ground strike transients (surge protection is not guaranteed and is not covered by warranty) on SBLT2 models
- Maintenance free filter eliminates particulate or water droplets from entering the transducer
- UL approved intrinsically safe on SBLTX models for use in hazardous locations when used with proper barrier
- Excellent chemical compatibility
- 270 lb tensile strength shielded and vented cable
- NPT connection allows the unit to be rigidly installed in a pipe/conduit, or the addition of a A-625 hanging loop for attaching a chain for pulling out of the installation
- Standard 72 hour lead time ensures minimal downtime
- -Intrinsically Safe Approval - Change model number from SBLT2 to SBLTX.
- -Custom Ranges or Cable Lengths.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|MTL7706||Intrinsically safe zener barrier.||Same Day||$463.00||Order|
|A-297||Dessicant Vent Filter for submersible level transmitters||Same Day||$20.50||Order|
|A-625||Lift Loop/Hanger for submersible level transmitters||Same Day||$26.75||Order|
|MTL5541||Galvanic barrier||Same Day||$856.00||Order|
SBLT2-XX-XX-OPT SBLT2 SUBMERSIBLE LEVEL TRANSMITTER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) SENSOR (DECIMALS ALLOWED) ? RANGE 3-400 PSI OR 2.2-280 METERS RANGES < 3.552 PSI OR 2.5 METERS (1%) 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) SENSOR UNITS SENSOR RANGE IN PSI IF BLANK M SENSOR RANGE IN METERS 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) CABLE LENGTH ? 10-2000 FT OR 3-600 METERS 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) CABLE UNITS (WHOLE NUMBERS ONLY) CABLE LENGTH IN FEET IF BLANK M CABLE LENGTH IN METERS OPTIONS (OPT) KITS -ETFE ETFE CABLE (STD IS POLYURETHANE) -P1 1/4 IN NPTM (STD IS 7/16-14) -P2 1/4 IN NPTF -P3 1/4 IN BSPT MALE ISO 228 R -P4 1/4 IN BSPT FEMALE ISO 228 RC -P11 3/4 IN SNAP ON CAP
SBLTX-XX-XX-OPT SBLTX SUBMERSIBLE LEVEL TRANSMITTER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) SENSOR RANGE (DECIMALS ALLOWED) ? RANGE 3-400 PSI OR 2.2-280 METERS RANGES < 3.552 PSI OR 2.5 METERS (1%) 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) SENSOR UNITS SENSOR RANGE IN PSI IF BLANK M SENSOR RANGE IN METERS 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) CABLE LENGTH ? 10-195 FT ETFE OR 10-330 FT PU 3-59 METERS ETFE OR 3-100 METERS PU 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) CABLE UNITS (WHOLE NUMBERS ONLY) CABLE LENGTH IN FEET IF BLANK M CABLE LENGTH IN METERS OPTIONS (OPT) KITS -ATEX ATEX INTRINSICALLY SAFE -ETFE ETFE CABLE (STD IS POLYURETHANE) -P1 1/4 IN NPTM (STD IS 7/16-14) -P2 1/4 IN NPTF -P3 1/4 IN BSPT MALE ISO 228 R -P4 1/4 IN BSPT FEMALE ISO 228 RC -2YR 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Product Data Sheet
- Is it safe to soak an MBLT level transmitter in vinegar or muratic acid to remove accumulated scale deposits?
- Feel free to use whatever cleaning chemicals you like to remove accumulated scale deposits as long as the chemicals are compatible with the unit’s wetted materials as specified in our published literature.
- Our client has an MBLT pressure transmitter that appears to be malfunctioning due to scale buildup. The transmitter is installed to measure leachate level in a one-year old municipal sanitary landfill. What can we use to remove scale from the transmitter without damaging the transmitter?
- If the issue is due to build-up which consequently plugs the small sensing holes, you might take a look at our PBLT2 or FBLT series. They are both more rugged and designed for sludge and slurries, whereas the MBLT and SBLT2 are better suited for cleaner applications such as ground water and wells.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.