Series MPC Pump Controller
One or Two Pump Control with Built-In Alternation, Over Temperature Protection and Seal Failure Monitoring
The Series MPC Pump Controller provides versatile level control in a standard 1/4 DIN package. Designed for use with almost any style level transmitter the unit displays the present level and main set point value. Incorporated in the MPC is programmable level differential for on/off control of one or two pumps, valves, or other devices through two SPDT relays.
- Water and wastewater
- Sump and sludge pits, clarifiers, digesters
- Chemical storage tanks
- Oil tanks
Models & Ordering
- 4 (or 0) -20 mA DC or 2 (or 0) -10 VDC selectable.
- Input Impedance:
- Current = 10Ω, Voltage = 100 KΩ.
- Output Ratings:
- Control Relays: SPDT, rated 10 A @ 240 VAC res., 1/4 hp @ 120 VAC, 1/3 hp @ 240 VAC; Alarm Relays: SPST, 3 A @ 240 VAC res., 1/10 hp @ 120 VAC.
- Control Type:
- On/off, reverse (pump out) or direct (pump in) acting.
- Output Signal:
- 4-20 mA current process input retransmission.
- Power Requirements:
- 100-240 VAC nominal, +10%-15%, 50 to 400 Hz, single phase; 132-240 VDC nominal, +10%-15%.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66) front panel face.
- Power Consumption:
- 7.5 VA max.
- ±0.25% of span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment 0.56" high LEDs.
- Display Resolution:
- 1 count.
- Memory Backup:
- Nonvolatile memory (no batteries required).
- Serial Communications:
- Optional RS-232 or RS-485 with Modbus® protocol.
- Ambient Operating Temperature/RH:
- 14 to 131°F (-10 to 55°C); 0 to 90% up to 104°F (40°C) non-condensing, 10 to 50% at 131°F (55°C) non-condensing.
- Front Panel Rating:
- Meets UL Type 4X (IP66).
- Loop Power Supply (isolated):
- 24 VDC @ 50 mA, regulated.
- Seal Failure (Moisture Sensor):
- Power: 2.5 VDC; Search Current: 3 micro amps; Resolution: 10K to 500KΩ in 10KΩ steps.
- 16 oz (454 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- NOTE: For compatible level transmitters, see Mercoid Series PBLT and SBLT.
- Selectable pump alternation when used with two pumps to minimize pump wear. With alternation “on” a seal failure or over temperature condition will force the non-failed pump to lead status and stop alternation.
- Alarms can be programmed for output indication of pump seal failure or over temperature.
- Selectable time delay, for pump two, on power up to prevent both pumps from starting at the same time. If power is lost, upon regaining power a time delay of up to 60 seconds can be selected to prevent too large of a current draw.
- In the event of power loss, upon regaining power a time delay of up to 60 seconds can be selected to prevent excessively large current draw
- Test system function that simulates the process input to ensure the pumps are operating or to test programming.
- User-friendly programming menu
- -232 RS-232 Modbus® -RTU Serial Communications. Allows remote computer to read and write all control parameters. Add suffix -232.
- -485 RS-485 Modbus® -RTU Serial Communications. Allows remote computer to read and write all control parameters. Add suffix -485.
- -RV 2 to 20 VDC Voltage Retransmission
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-900||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, control direct panel mounts in the front of the enclosure.||Next Day||$173.00||Order|
|A-901||Weatherproof enclosure, type 4X, clear plastic window with rear panel for mounting the control inside the enclosure.||Next Day||$321.00||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.