Series MSX Magnesense® Differential Pressure Transmitter
Monitors Differential Pressure, Air Velocity and Volumetric Flow
The Series MSX Magnesense® Differential Pressure Transmitter combines the stability and versatility of the original Series MS2 Magnesense® II transmitter for use in building control applications. The MSX simplifies the ordering process to deliver the desired configuration, which reduces product setup time. Pressure ranges are available in Pa, mm w.c., and in w.c. All pressure ranges can be configured in unidirectional or bidirectional modes, providing a total of 32 ranges. The MSX transmitter can provide a linear pressure output or a linear velocity output with the square root extraction from the transmitter. Additional parameters have been included to expand the square root capability for calculating flow. Dual voltage and milliamp output signals can be used to provide both control and equipment output signal verification.
NIST CALIBRATION available in Product Configurator.
- Filter monitoring in air handler units
- Building pressure in pharmaceutical/semiconductor clean rooms
- Duct static pressure in commercial buildings
- Air velocity/flow in VAV systems
Models & Ordering
- Air and non-combustible, compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:
- Consult factory.
- ±1% FSO.
- ±1% FSO/year.
- Temperature Limits:
- -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- Ranges 0 and 1: 3.6 psi max operation, 6 psi burst; Ranges 2 and 3: 6 psi max operation, 6 psi burst.
- Power Requirements:
- 10-36 VDC (2-wire), 17-36 VDC or isolated 21.6-33 VAC (3-wire).
- Output Signals:
- 4-20 mA (2-wire); 0-10 V or 0-5 V selectable (3-wire).
- Response Time:
- Instantaneous (default) or 3 s (selectable).
- Zero and Span Adjustments:
- Digital push-button.
- Loop Resistance:
- Current output: 0-1250 Ω max; Voltage output: min. load resistance 1 k Ω.
- Current Consumption:
- 21 mA max continuous.
- Electrical Connections:
- 4-wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG.
- Electrical Entry:
- 1/2" NPS thread.
- Display (optional):
- 4 digit LCD.
- Process Connections:
- 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 5 mm, and 6 mm ID flexible tubing.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66), UL 2043 (Plenum), UL94 V-0.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Pressure sensor measurement unaffected by orientation.
- 8.0 oz (230 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- Read LCD values easier with rotatable 180° display
- Quick and easy wiring via the optional toolless terminal block
- Add safety to variety of applications with UL94 V-0 and plenum ratings
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-480||Plastic static pressure tip.||Same Day||$1.20||Order|
|A-481||Installer kit, (includes 2 static pressure tips and PVC tubing).||Same Day||$4.90||Order|
|A-155||Cable gland with 1/2" male NPT fitting.||Same Day||$18.75||Order|
MSX-XXX-X-OPT MSX DIFFERENTIAL PRESSURE TRANSMITTER 1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) MOUNTING W WALL MOUNT U UNIVERSAL (WALL OR DUCT) N DIN MOUNT 2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) DIRECTION 1 UNI-DIRECTIONAL 2 BI-DIRECTIONAL 3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) PRESSURE RANGE 0 0.5 INWC, 125 PA, 12 MMWC 1 1 INWC, 250 PA, 25 MMWC 2 5 INWC, 1250 PA, 125MMWC 3 28 INWC, 7000 PA, 700 MMWC 4TH SYMBOL (4TH X) UNITS OF MEASURE IN INCHES OF WATER COLUMN PA PASCAL MM MILLIMETERS OF WATER COLUMN OPT (OPTIONS) ADD ON OPTIONS -A481 STATIC TIPS AND TUBING KIT -FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -FP FILTERED PICKUP WITH BARB -GLD CABLE GLAND ACCESSORY -LCD LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY -NIST NIST CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE -STX STATIC TIPS -TT TOOL-LESS TERMINAL BLOCK -WO LCD COVER WITHOUT LCD DISPLAY
Product Data Sheet
- We ordered a bunch of MS2-D103-LCD pressure transmitters last year and need to order (20) more this year. It looks like the MS2 is not an option any more and we need to go with a MSX series. We just want to confirm that a MSX-U13-IN-LCD is the same unit as the MS2-D103-LCD and that it is a Duct mount with probe.
- Model number MSX-U13-IN-LCD would be perfect for duct applications to replace the MS2 unit you're currently using.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.