Series 8B 1/8 DIN Temperature/Process Controller
Vertical Mount, Dual Control Output, RS-485 Communication
The Series 8B 1/8 DIN Temperature/Process Controller offers versatility and reliability for temperature and process monitoring applications. Designed as a vertical mount 1/8 DIN controller, the Series 8B features dual outputs, universal input, and up to three additional alarm outputs. The second output can be configured as a third alarm output. Select the alarm type from 13 different preprogrammed alarm functions. Control methods include ON/OFF, PID, auto-tune or manual tune. PID control is supported with 64 ramp/soak control actions. RS-485 communication is standard on the Series 8B with up to 247 available addresses.
- Oven, boiler, or chiller control
- Hot plates/melt pots
- Packaging equipment
- Environmental chambers
- Medical equipment
- Food service equipment
Models & Ordering
- Thermocouple, RTD, DC voltages or DC current.
- Two 4-digit, 7 segment .38" H (9.53 mm) LED's. PV: red; SV: green.
- ±0.25% span, ±1 least significant digit.
- Supply Voltage:
- 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz or 24 VDC (depending on model).
- Power Consumption:
- 5 VA max.
- Operating Temperature:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Memory Backup:
- Nonvolatile memory.
- Control Output Ratings:
- Relay: SPST, 5 A @ 250 VAC resistive; Voltage Pulse: 14 V, 10% to -20% (max 40 mA); Current: 4 to 20 mA; Linear Voltage: 0-10 V.
- RS-485 Modbus® A-5-11/RTU communication protocol.
- 15 oz (425 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, RoHS, cUL, UL.
- Front Panel Rating:
- Universal input accepts process transmitters, RTD’s or thermocouple signals
- On/off, PID, or manual output control
- RS-485 standard on all models
- Stage control program for up to 64 ramp/soak actions
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|SCD-SW||Configuration software.||Next Day||$42.75||Order|
|A-277||Precision resistor, 250 ohm.||Next Day||$9.00||Order|
|MN-1||Mini-Node™ RS-485 to USB converter.||Next Day||$96.50||Order|
|A-600||R/C snubber (recommended for inductive loads like a solenoid or contactor).||Next Day||$23.25||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.