Series EPTA Electro-Pneumatic Transducers
Low Cost, Selectable Input/Output, Manual Override
The Series EPTA Electro-Pneumatic Transducers convert an analog input signal to
a linearly proportionate pneumatic output by modulating its control valves to regulate
branch line pressure to the set point determined by the input signal. All models
incorporate two low voltage valves, an integral in-barb filter, a 0 to 30 psi analog gage,
an anodized aluminum manifold, and brass barbed fittings. The EPTA offers adjustable
span and offset as well as manual override. This unit has no air consumption and is
immune to mounting orientation. Output pressure ranges include field-selectable 0 to
10, 0 to 15, and 0 to 20 psig. Also included is an analog 0 to 5 VDC feedback signal
indicating the resultant branch line pressure. Universal 24 VAC/24 VDC supply voltage
and field-selectable 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC, or 0 to 15 VDC inputs ensure
single unit compatibility with most systems. The standard models maintain branch
pressure on power loss while the Fail-Safe models will drop the branch pressure to
0 psi on power loss. Mounting configurations include a metal bracket mount in the
EPTA-B models and a snap-track mount in the EPTA-S models. The A-400 accessory
kit will allow the EPTA-S models to be mounted on a standard DIN rail.
- Operation of valve actuators, positioners, damper and louver actuators.
Models & Ordering
- Clean dry air or any inert gas.
- Input Signal:
- DC Current (4-20 mA) or DC Voltage (0-5/0-10/0-15).
- Input Impedance:
- Current: 250 ohms; Voltage: Infinite.
- Output Signal:
- Jumper selectable 0-10 psig (0-69 kPa), 0-15 psig (0-103 kPa), or 0-20 psig (0-138 kPa).
- Feedback Output:
- 0 to 5 VDC.
- Air Supply:
- 25 psig (172 kPa) maximum.
- Air Flow:
- 750 scim.
- Air Consumption:
- 0 scim normal operation, Fail-Safe model vents to 0 psi on power loss.
- ±1.0% full scale @ room temperature; ±2.0% full scale @ 32 to 120°F (0 to 48.8°C).
- Supply Voltage:
- 24 VDC (+10%/-5%) or 24 VAC (±10%) 50/60 Hz.
- Supply Current:
- 180 mA maximum, 200 mA maximum on Fail-Safe model.
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating: 32 to 120°F (0 to 48.8°C); Storage: -20 to 150°F (-6.7 to 65.6°C).
- Operating Humidity Range:
- 5 to 95%, non-condensing.
- Pressure Connections:
- 1/4" O.D. (polyethylene tubing optimum).
- Electrical Connections:
- Plug-in block terminal type with 5 mm pin spacing.
- Wire Size:
- Up to one 14 AWG per terminal.
- EPTA-S0: 6.9 oz. (196 g), EPTA-S1: 9.2 oz. (261 g), EPTA-B: 14.5 oz. (411 g).
- Adjustable span and offset
- Manual override
- Field selectable output ranges
- Not position sensitive
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Code||Order|
|A-400||DIN mounting kit.||3-4 Weeks||$6.00||B||Order|
|A-403||Replacement integral barb filter.||3-4 Weeks||$6.00||B||Order|
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.