Series PLS2 Paddle Level Switch
3 Sensitivity Settings, Top or Side Mounting
The Series PLS2 Paddle Level Switch is an electromechanical level switch designed for level monitoring of bulk materials. The rotating measuring vane is driven by a brushless synchronous motor at one revolution per minute and as product builds up, the paddle rotation is impeded and the resulting motor torque activates the output switch and stops the motor. The PLS2 is designed with the industry standard 1-1/4" male NPT connection and unit can be side or top mounted.
- Food and beverage
Models & Ordering
- Dry powder or bulk materials compatible with wetted materials.
- Wetted Materials:
- Paddle: 304 SS; Exposed shaft: 303 SS; Shaft seal: NBR; Process connection: Aluminum.
- Temperature Limits:
- Process: -13 to 176°F (-25 to 80°C); Ambient: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- 11.6 psi (0.8 bar).
- Power Requirements:
- Select by model number: 115 VAC, 230 VAC or 24 VDC.
- Power Consumption:
- AC versions: 4 VA; DC version: 2.5 watt.
- Aluminum, powder coated.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4 (IP66); Rated for Class II & III, Div. 1, Group E, F, G.
- Switch Type:
- SPDT micro switch.
- Electrical Rating:
- 5 A @ 250 VAC, 3 A @ 30 VDC.
- Electric Connections:
- Screw terminals.
- Conduit Connection:
- 3/4" female NPT.
- Process Connection:
- 1-1/4" male NPT.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Side or top mounting.
- Minimum material density of 6 lb/ft3 (96 kg/m3).
- Permitted Mechanical Loading:
- Standard shaft: 67 lbf (300 N) max; Optional extension: 22 lbf (100 N) max.
- 2.6 lb (1.2 kg).
- Agency Approvals:
- CE, FM.
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|PLS2-PL1||Single Sided Spring Paddle||Next Day||$104.00||Order|
|PLS2-PL2||Double Sided Spring Paddle||Next Day||$98.50||Order|
|PLS2-EX1||8.5" Shaft Extension||Next Day||$95.00||Order|
|PLS2-EX2||19.6" Shaft Extension||Next Day||$145.00||Order|
|PLS2-EX3||39.4" Shaft Extension||Next Day||$172.00||Order|
|PLS2-EX4||78.7" Shaft Extension||Consult Factory||$266.00||Order|
- What are the two dry product level switch model types? What ranges do they cover? How are they adjusted? How many set-points do they have?
- GSD3DA - gravity (elastomer) suspension, aluminum housing, polyurethane diaphragm, standard 15 amp switch. PSD16A - pneumatic (fabric), suspension, aluminum housing, filter fabric diaphragm, polyester 150 micron permeability, standard 15 amp switch. They can be adjusted to any level. They are adjusted by a screw adjustment. One setpoint available. For additional options, you could look at our CLS2 Series Capacitive Level Switch, TFLS Series Tuning Fork Level Switch, PLS and PLS2 Series Paddle Level Switches.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.